[vwnc] [ANN] Pier 1.1

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

Release 1.1 of Pier is now available:
www.piercms.com/install

What's new:
- Several bug fixes
- New syntax constructs
- New and whiter stylesheet
- Pharo inside

www.piercms.com also received a face lift, and it received some new
documentation.

Have fun and tell us what you think.

Doru and Lukas

Re: [vwnc] [ANN] Pier 1.1

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi,

Does this mean that Pier is ported to VW ??

regards,

@+Maarten,

Tudor Girba a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Release 1.1 of Pier is now available:
> www.piercms.com/install
>
> What's new:
> - Several bug fixes
> - New syntax constructs
> - New and whiter stylesheet
> - Pharo inside
>
> www.piercms.com also received a face lift, and it received some new
> documentation.
>
> Have fun and tell us what you think.
>
> Doru and Lukas

Re: [vwnc] [ANN] Pier 1.1

Tudor Girba-3
Not really :).

I just sent the message here instead of the seaside mailing list by
mistake.

Sorry to let your hopes down.

Cheers,
Doru

On Feb 5, 2009, at 10:57 PM, Maarten Mostert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does this mean that Pier is ported to VW ??
>
> regards,
>
> @+Maarten,
>

> Tudor Girba a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Release 1.1 of Pier is now available:
>> www.piercms.com/install
>>
>> What's new:
>> - Several bug fixes
>> - New syntax constructs
>> - New and whiter stylesheet
>> - Pharo inside
>>
>> www.piercms.com also received a face lift, and it received some
>> new  documentation.
>>
>> Have fun and tell us what you think.
>>
>> Doru and Lukas

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: [vwnc] [ANN] Pier 1.1

Niall Ross
Dear Maarten,

 > Does this mean that Pier is ported to VW ?

FYI, I ported an earlier version to VW in late 2007 but have not worked
on it for a year (nor has anyone else AFAICT).  Updating it is on my
to-do list - but so are a good many other things. :-/)  Meanwhile, if
anyone else has time to pull it forward to 1.1, please go for it.

My port made use of Porting-Namespaces (also in the Cincom OR).  If
anyone bringing it forward needs discussion of that, just contact me.
As well or instead, much VW and WV work on and in Seaside since then
should simplify porting it forward.

          Yours faithfully
             Niall Ross

Re: [vwnc] [ANN] Pier 1.1

Magnus Schwarz
Hi Niall and Maarten,

I loaded the VW Pier port into VW7.7 beta and tried to test it some
weeks ago; this was no easy task because all prereqs were missing so
that I had to run up the next UHE and decide which package was missing.
I did not invest too much time so it still has some 20 Undeclareds (like
FillInTheBlankMorph) and does not work (UHE in PRPierFrame>>environment
because structure returns nil) but I'd like to see it working and would
invest some small amount of time into fixing it.
Niall, do you already/still have some insights into it you might share?

Regards,
Magnus

Niall Ross schrieb:

> Dear Maarten,
>
>  > Does this mean that Pier is ported to VW ?
>
> FYI, I ported an earlier version to VW in late 2007 but have not worked
> on it for a year (nor has anyone else AFAICT).  Updating it is on my
> to-do list - but so are a good many other things. :-/)  Meanwhile, if
> anyone else has time to pull it forward to 1.1, please go for it.
>
> My port made use of Porting-Namespaces (also in the Cincom OR).  If
> anyone bringing it forward needs discussion of that, just contact me.
> As well or instead, much VW and WV work on and in Seaside since then
> should simplify porting it forward.
>
>           Yours faithfully
>              Niall Ross

Magnus Schwarz * certified Scrum Master / Smalltalk architect * mailto:[hidden email]