[vwnc] Announcements question

hernanmd
Hi, I'm using AXAnnouncements but I suppose this question is valid for other implementations. In SASE (the "triggerEvent" event framework) one could subscribe an event for an object specifying an argument at registration time:

eventSource
  when: #eventName send: #aSelector to: anObject with: argument

I've looked at Announcements and it seems this kind of registration isn't supported without using blocks. Am I right?
Before getting into details I just want to check. What people do to specify an argument at registration time with Announcements?

Cheers,

Hernán

Re: [vwnc] Announcements question

thomas.hawker

Hernán,

Announcements are classes, so they can have instance variables.  Stick your argument value into the instance variable.

The announcement mechanism is flexible:  you actually send instances of announcement classes.  If you announce the class, it creates an instance for you.  So, you don’t need arguments on the subscription.  When you need to make the announcement, instantiate the class, assign the instance variable to whatever argument you want to send with it, and announce the instance.

Cheers!

Tom Hawker

Senior Framework Developer

+1 (408) 274-4128

The Environment:

We take it personally

Office

+1 (408) 576-6591

Mobile

+1 (408) 835-3643

Re: [vwnc] Announcements question

hernanmd
Hi Thomas,
  Thanks for your feedback. Currently I have a broadcasting situation which requires setting arguments on subscription (if someone out there implemented a RadioButtonGroup or any complex/nested container over the web may recognize the problem?). I've modified an implementation to support this feature.
Kind regards,

Hernán