[vwnc] ChooseDirectoryDialog

Steffen Märcker
Hi,

I am building an application, which needs a "directory chooser". I've
tried ChooseDirectoryDialog and got two questions:

1. Is there a way to get a native directory chooser on Windows or Mac?
2. The home dir button does not work (at least) on Windows (Vista). I
assume it should point to the users profile on this platform as well.

Additionally I've stumbled over some strange redraw behaviour: I've
deactived some widgets programatically. After reactivation them, parts of
the entire application window are not redrawn if dameged, e.g. by another
window above. But this happens only if I use a relative widget layout with
unbounded groups/composites. Is there a limitation I am not aware of? If
neccessary, I will provide the window specification tomorrow.

Ciao, Steffen

Re: [vwnc] redraw damage

Steffen Märcker
Hi,

attached you will find the window spec in question.

Steffen

Am 13.07.2009, 22:57 Uhr, schrieb Steffen Märcker <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I am building an application, which needs a "directory chooser". I've
> tried ChooseDirectoryDialog and got two questions:
>
> 1. Is there a way to get a native directory chooser on Windows or Mac?
> 2. The home dir button does not work (at least) on Windows (Vista). I
> assume it should point to the users profile on this platform as well.
>
> Additionally I've stumbled over some strange redraw behaviour: I've
> deactived some widgets programatically. After reactivation them, parts of
> the entire application window are not redrawn if dameged, e.g. by another
> window above. But this happens only if I use a relative widget layout
> with
> unbounded groups/composites. Is there a limitation I am not aware of? If
> neccessary, I will provide the window specification tomorrow.
>
> Ciao, Steffen

CPNTestApplication class-windowSpecOld.st (7K) Download Attachment