[vwnc] Corba question

kobetic
This seems to be the normal execution path of DST in the I3 mode (so not really CORBA). There aren't that many reasons for the unsignedShortAt:put: primitive to fail. Either it's attempting to write out of bounds of the underlying BOSSBytes or it's trying to put in something else than an integer that fits into a 'short'. Maybe a nil ? You may have to poke around to figure out what are the exact circumstances causing this.

HTH,

Martin

"David Long"<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I encountered what seems to be a low level Corba error, I was wondering
> if someone had an idea what is causing it.
>
> Basically, what I get is:
>
> Exception:a primitive has
> failedBOSSBytes(Object)>>error:BOSSBytes(Object)>>primitiveFailedBOSSBytes>>unsignedShortAt:put:DSTI3RemoteWriter(BOSSWriter)>>write:class:on:flags:DSTI3RemoteWriter(BOSSWriter)>>nextPut:do:DSTI3RemoteWriter(BOSSWriter)>>nextPut:DSTI3RemoteStream(BinaryObjectStorage)>>nextPut:DSTI3Operation>>marshallArguments:on:optimized [] in IIOPClientConversation class>>clientCall:to:withParameters:BlockClosure>>ensure:IIOPClientConversation class>>clientCall:to:withParameters:optimized [] in DSTObjRef>>perform:on:BlockClosure>>on:do:DSTObjRefRemote(DSTObjRef)>>..
>
> The application talks using Corba to a server with an SQL database on
> the server side. Although I get everything else, I ran into this BOSS
> related error.
> I was moving some fairly big binary objects around at the time, would
> that possibly have something to do with it?

Re: [vwnc] Corba question

david.long
Hi Martin,
I poked around and found that it was forking the call to DST. I had been moving some big binary files back and forth. I took away the asynchronous call, so
hopefully that'll work..

thanks for the help,

David