[vwnc] Deploying a Cairo application.

Maarten Mostert-2

Cairo graphics are really great fun to do and my application is looking better and better.

However what about deployement ?

I currently have an installer build with NSIS which takes care of many things (NSIS  is almost as easy to manipulate as Apache), however I have been trying to find an original NSIS script for GTK without much success.

Has anyone else has some experience with this, or knows where to find the script ?

Regrds,

@+Maarten,

Re: [vwnc] Deploying a Cairo application.

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

Don't you just need to include a couple of dlls with your app instead of a full GTK?

Cheers!

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

Re: [vwnc] Deploying a Cairo application.

Joachim Geidel
Hi Maarten,

Am 27.06.08 18:00 schrieb "Boris Popov" unter <[hidden email]>:
> Don't you just need to include a couple of dlls with your app instead of a
> full GTK?

Boris is right. See http://www.cairographics.org/download/:
<<You want "cairo-1.4.8.zip", the binary distribution at "libpng 1.2.8", and
"Zlib 1.2.3" (you can search on those strings to find them in the page).
That should be it. Just pop libcairo-2.dll, libpng13.dll and zlib1.dll into
your working directory or system PATH, and away you go!>>

The "page" is http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html.

HTH,
Joachim Geidel