[vwnc] Image crash

Paul Baumann
This was strange...

This error happened on a message that had worked moments earlier. VW crashed a few clicks later. Apparently memory corruption, but I've never seen anything like this in a VW image nor on this computer. It happened while just development-testing a view.

Paul Baumann

This message may contain confidential information and is intended for specific recipients unless explicitly noted otherwise. If you have reason to believe you are not an intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. This message may not represent the opinion of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (ICE), its subsidiaries or affiliates, and does not constitute a contract or guarantee. Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and the recipient of this message is expected to provide safeguards from viruses and pursue alternate means of communication where privacy or a binding message is desired.

Re: [vwnc] Image crash

Paul Baumann
I'm thinking it was corruption of the image.

The code the debugger showed was fine. Normally that would be messed up if the source pointers were off. It appears that the symbol (in the existing method literal) itself got screwed up somehow because the same code had worked moments earlier. Another method had been changed in those "moments earlier" though. The screenshot was all I was able to capture before the core dump.

This actually happened yesterday. The saved image restarted fine, I was able to recover my changes file (no corruption there), and it has not crashed since. Probably the same odds as being hit by lightning.

Paul Baumann