[vwnc] Insertion point and views

1 message Options

[vwnc] Insertion point and views

kobetic
"C. David Shaffer"<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Date: August 21, 2009 6:21:06 PM
> From: "C. David Shaffer"<[hidden email]>
> To: vwnc<[hidden email]>
> Subject: [vwnc] Insertion point and views
>
> I spend a lot of my day job using eclipse and I love it when I have time
> to work in VW.  Still, lots of the "little problems" in the VW UI really
> drive me nuts.  Here's the simplest of all in the sense that I think
> everyone will agree that it's broken...maybe technically difficult to
> fix, I don't know, just hoping someone has tackled it...
>
> In VW7.6 under Linux switching between views resets the position of the
> insertion point in the editor (ie puts it back at the beginning of the
> method/class def).  This is a bit maddening to say the least...which is
> what makes me think there must already be a fix out there :-)  Anyone
> already tackle this problem?

This override used to do the trick until recently, but it doesn't seem to work for me in 7.7 anymore:

TextEditorView>>editText: aText

        aText == nil
                ifTrue: [super editText: Text new]
                ifFalse:
                        [| previousScrollPosition |
                        previousScrollPosition := scrollOffset value.
                        super editText: aText.
                        self scrollTo: previousScrollPosition]

HTH,

Martin