[vwnc] Loading Seaside 3.0 into VW 7.6

Dennis Schetinin
Is it (the subject) possible?

Trying to do it I've got Unloadable Definitions including:

- few Core.Duration methods (Core.Duration is absent in my image)
- several Opentalk classes like SeasideHttpReadingOptions, SeasideHttpWritingOptions, SeasideRequests (there is no Net.HttpReadingOptions, Net.HttpWritingOptions, etc.)

If those can be loaded in 7.6, what are the pundles to be loaded? Or any other solutions maybe?

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: [vwnc] Loading Seaside 3.0 into VW 7.6

Mark Roberts
Dennis,

Somebody with more expertise will have to confirm the details, but
Durations are part of VisualWorks 7.7.

Seaside 3.0a5 is included with 7.7, while VisualWorks 7.6 supported
Seaside 2.8.

If you can wait for VisualWorks 7.7 (we are now preparing release
candidate builds), it might be easier than trying to resolve all of
these issues.

Regards,

M. Roberts
Cincom Systems, Inc.

At 04:39 PM 11/3/2009, Dennis Schetinin wrote:

>Is it (the subject) possible?
>
>Trying to do it I've got Unloadable Definitions including:
>
>- few Core.Duration methods (Core.Duration is absent in my image)
>- several Opentalk classes like SeasideHttpReadingOptions,
>SeasideHttpWritingOptions, SeasideRequests (there is no
>Net.HttpReadingOptions, Net.HttpWritingOptions, etc.)
>
>If those can be loaded in 7.6, what are the pundles to be loaded? Or
>any other solutions maybe?
>
>--
>Dennis Schetinin

Re: [vwnc] Loading Seaside 3.0 into VW 7.6

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
Dennis Schetinin wrote:
> Is it (the subject) possible?
It might be possible, but it's not recommended, nor is it something we
can support. We spent time in VW 7.7 moving reasonable behavior in to
the base to make Seaside and VW play nice, which wasn't something we
could do with VW 7.6. As a result, Seaside 3.0 and VW7.7 work together
fairly cleanly, which was not the case with VW 7.6 and Seaside 2.8 and
all prior versions.

Michael