[vwnc] [Quote] From Andrés Valloud Book

Noury Bouraqadi
Hi,

At the latest ESUG conference held in Amsterdam, I got Andrés' Book "A
Mentoring Course on Smalltalk". It's fun to read. An example is the
following quotation that I want to share with you.

"Or let's say you would like to have lunch with a friend. In an
assembler or obfuscated C world, you would reach inside your friend's
mind and manipulate values and pointers until you made lunch appear
attractive. You might even tickle the stomach to get the appetite
going. But Smalltalk imposes much more civilized manners. In the same
way that your friend is not a struct{...}, objects are not allowed to
arbitrarily cross distinctions and mess with internal details.
Instead, objects must communicate by means of messages."

Thanks Andrés!
Noury Bouraqadi
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Responsable de l'enseignement de l'informatique
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://vst.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Re: [vwnc] [Quote] From Andrés Valloud Book

Andres Valloud-6
Thank you!... although it should be said that the analogy was the idea of Gary Lui, a friend of mine.

Andres.