[vwnc] StoreForMySQL - View's SELECT contains a 'INTO' clause

[vwnc] StoreForMySQL - View's SELECT contains a 'INTO' clause

Thomas Gagné-2
I'm working on a StoreForMySQL.  It creates the tables OK, but when it
tries to create the vew:

    CREATE VIEW store.TW_MethodsView as
        SELECT store.TW_Method.primaryKey, store.TW_Method.name,
    store.TW_Method.timeStamp, store.TW_Method.version,
    store.TW_Method.userName, store.TW_Method.trace,
    store.TW_Method.className, store.TW_Methods.packageRef,
    store.TW_Method.sourceCodeID, store.TW_Method.protocolName
        FROM store.TW_Methods, store.TW_Method
        WHERE store.TW_Methods.methodRef = store.TW_Method.primaryKey

I get error 1350, "View's SELECT contains a 'INTO' clause"

Personally, I don't see an "INTO" but perhaps there's another bug I
don't recognize?

--
Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/> for more great reading.

Re: [vwnc] StoreForMySQL - View's SELECT contains a 'INTO' clause

Thomas Gagné-2
Never mind.

The Hybrid Session wasn't expecting "CREATE VIEW" statements.  I added
it as a override in StoreForMySQL and that's working now.

--
Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/> for more great reading.

Re: [vwnc] StoreForMySQL - View's SELECT contains a 'INTO' clause

Wallen, David
Thanks much, Thomas. I've verified your discovery, and created AR 54143, MySQLHybridConnection needs to know that 'CREATE VIEW' requires MySQLAdmin connection.

As you point out, the fix is to add 'CREATEVIEW' to the array in
MySQLHybridSession>>isAnAdminQuery.

- Dave

I've a few other fixes as well.  Their part of the parcel I'm creating.

I'm deceptively close to getting StoreForMySQL working.  I was able to
browse the DB and compare to the image today.  Oddly, there is a strange
occurrence of blobs being inserted with a type of 0, even though I never
see the Store.Blob with a type=0.  Something's happening on the insert...

--
Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/> for more great reading.