[vwnc] Tool to compare methods to superclasses

[vwnc] Tool to compare methods to superclasses

Thomas Gagné-2
Is there a tool somewhere that allows me to compare the code in a
subclass to the identical method in the superclass?

--
Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/> for more great reading.

Re: [vwnc] Tool to compare methods to superclasses

Runar Jordahl
- Select the class you want to check.
- Go to "Code Critic" tab in browser.
- Select "Unnecessary code" -> "Method equivalently defined in superclass".
- Press the "Check..." button.

Runar

2008/4/9, Thomas Gagné <[hidden email]>:

> Is there a tool somewhere that allows me to compare the code in a
> subclass to the identical method in the superclass?
>
> --
> Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/> for more great reading.

Re: [vwnc] Tool to compare methods to superclasses

Magnus Schwarz
Alternatively:

- Select "Visibility>>Show all inherited" in the method context menu
- Select both methods
- Select the "compare" tab in the lower subpane...

Magnus

Runar Jordahl schrieb:

> - Select the class you want to check.
> - Go to "Code Critic" tab in browser.
> - Select "Unnecessary code" -> "Method equivalently defined in superclass".
> - Press the "Check..." button.
>
> Runar
>
> 2008/4/9, Thomas Gagné <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Is there a tool somewhere that allows me to compare the code in a
>> subclass to the identical method in the superclass?
>>
>> --
>> Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/> for more great reading.

Magnus Schwarz * certified Scrum Master / Smalltalk architect * mailto:[hidden email]
phone:+49 231 97599-0 * fax:+49 231 97599-20
Georg Heeg eK Dortmund
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund  A 12812