[vwnc] Using Web Tags etc ...

Dennis smith-4
(I am reposting this with the addition of ...
        "same result with FireFox 2 and IE7" )

We have a number of sites using .ssp's

We have a number of cases (maybe all) where you hit the
browser refresh button and the page displays as if there were
no css or some reduced css (not 100% sure which).

It is 100% repeatable -- each time you hit the refresh button
the page goes from "correct" to "incorrect" (looking like no css).

There is a single .css file pulled from VW.

Is this something silly I am missing that everyone else knows about??
Or do I have start really digging into the web server etc etc?

--
Dennis Smith                         +1 416.798.7948
Cherniak Software Development Corporation   Fax: +1 416.798.0948

Re: [vwnc] Using Web Tags etc ...

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Dennis,

Hitting refresh button in the browser typically invalidates browser
cache forcing it to reload all references resources again. It sounds
like the server isn't providing the stylesheet back to the browser for
some reason and you should use firebug to see the request/response for
that specific file after you hit refresh.

Hope this helps,

-Boris

Re: [vwnc] Using Web Tags etc ...

Dennis smith-4
Thanks -- that helped me narrow things down.
On normal display, it did a get of the css file which
took about 300ms, on the failed it takes 5seconds plus
and I assume times out because it has no css.

At least I now know how to move ahead.