[vwnc] VW running on the iPhone?

Stew MacLean

Hi,

Given that the iPhone developers kit is based on OSX, has anyone run VW on the iPhone, or attempting to?

Cheers,

Stewart

Re: [vwnc] VW running on the iPhone?

Conrad Taylor
Hi, I guess a better question would be:

Does Cincom plan to develop tools to allow developers to build and deploy VW applications to the iPhone?

-Conrad

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2008, at 8:46 PM, "Stewart MacLean" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Given that the iPhone developers kit is based on OSX, has anyone run VW on the iPhone, or attempting to?

Cheers,

Stewart

Re: [vwnc] VW running on the iPhone?

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
Well there's one way you can do it - you can build web applications that
are specifically targeted for the iPhone. Safari for Windows and MacOSX
aids the development of such applications.

You can do it with just about any web framework, though I know there has
been interest in doing it with Seaside on the Seaside mailing list.

Cheers,
Michael

Conrad Taylor wrote:

> Hi, I guess a better question would be:
>
> Does Cincom plan to develop tools to allow developers to build and
> deploy VW applications to the iPhone?
>
> -Conrad
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 3, 2008, at 8:46 PM, "Stewart MacLean" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Given that the iPhone developers kit is based on OSX, has anyone run
>> VW on the iPhone, or attempting to?
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Stewart

Re: [vwnc] VW running on the iPhone?

Nowak, Helge
the iPhone runs on an ARM chip. We don't have a vm for OS-X on ARM.

Cheers
Helge

Given that the iPhone developers kit is based on OSX, has anyone run VW on the iPhone, or attempting to?

Cheers,

Stewart

Re: [vwnc] VW running on the iPhone?

Stew MacLean

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

I’m out of my depth here, but how difficult would it be to generate a vm for OS-X on ARM?

Cheers,

Stewart