[vwnc] Why is it the image does not receive Ctrl-Alt-char events?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[vwnc] Why is it the image does not receive Ctrl-Alt-char events?

Terry Raymond
We wanted to use ctrl-alt-m as a shortcut in our application.
Much to my surprise, I found out that the image does not
receive any ctrl-alt-character events. Why is that?

Terry

===========================================================
Terry Raymond
Crafted Smalltalk
80 Lazywood Ln.
Tiverton, RI  02878
(401) 624-4517      [hidden email]
<http://www.craftedsmalltalk.com>
===========================================================

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [vwnc] Why is it the image does not receive Ctrl-Alt-char events?

Stefan Schmiedl
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:17:57 -0400
"Terry Raymond" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We wanted to use ctrl-alt-m as a shortcut in our application.
> Much to my surprise, I found out that the image does not
> receive any ctrl-alt-character events. Why is that?

IIRC, you're having a hard time *generating* ctrl-alt-character
on windows, as it's an (ancient, I'd guess) equivalent to
AltGr-character.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
EDV-Beratung Schmiedl, Berghangstr. 5, D-93413 Cham
im Büro: 09971 9966 989, am Handy: 0160 9981 6278
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [vwnc] Why is it the image does not receive Ctrl-Alt-char events?

Steven Kelly
In reply to this post by Terry Raymond
Hmm, odd. I know Ctrl+Alt+Tab and Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Tab are received in
7.4.1 on Windows, not certain about anything else.

Steve

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf Of Terry Raymond
> Sent: 25. maaliskuuta 2008 15:18
> To: VWNC
> Subject: [vwnc] Why is it the image does not receive Ctrl-Alt-char
> events?
>
> We wanted to use ctrl-alt-m as a shortcut in our application.
> Much to my surprise, I found out that the image does not
> receive any ctrl-alt-character events. Why is that?
>
> Terry
>
> ===========================================================
> Terry Raymond
> Crafted Smalltalk
> 80 Lazywood Ln.
> Tiverton, RI  02878
> (401) 624-4517      [hidden email]
> <http://www.craftedsmalltalk.com>
> ===========================================================
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> vwnc mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc

Reply | Threaded
|

[vwnc] Is SQLite3EXDI cross platform?

Carl Gundel
Is the SQLite3EXDI support in the public Store cross platform, or just  
for Windows?  Anyone here tried it on OS X or Linux?

-Carl Gundel
Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [vwnc] Is SQLite3EXDI cross platform?

kobetic
I tested it on Fedora 8 briefly, I had to patch the XIF definition because the .so is named differently. See the
attached fileout. I didn't get around talking to the maintainer and publishing it yet. But given that SQLite seems to be
preinstalled on most popular desktop OSes (excluding Windows), we're seriously thinking about adding it as a goodie and
possibly using SQLite as the default store repository for the WebVelocity project.

Martin

Carl Gundel wrote:

> Is the SQLite3EXDI support in the public Store cross platform, or just  
> for Windows?  Anyone here tried it on OS X or Linux?
>
> -Carl Gundel
> Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
> Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
>
> vwnc mailing list
> [hidden email]
>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<st-source>
<time-stamp>From VisualWorks®, 7.6 of February 1, 2008 on February 5, 2008 at 4:29:08 pm</time-stamp>
<!-- Package Changes for SQLite3EXDI(sqlite3-vw7.x-3,olaf)* -->

<class>
<name>SQLite3Interface</name>
<environment>Database</environment>
<super>External.ExternalInterface</super>
<private>false</private>
<indexed-type>none</indexed-type>
<inst-vars></inst-vars>
<class-inst-vars></class-inst-vars>
<imports>
                        Database.SQLite3InterfaceDictionary.*
                        </imports>
<category>SQLiteEXDI</category>
<attributes>
<includeFiles></includeFiles>
<includeDirectories></includeDirectories>
<libraryFiles><item>[win]sqlite3.dll</item> <item>[linux]sqlite-3.so</item> <item>[linux]libsqlite3.so.0</item></libraryFiles>
<libraryDirectories><item>.</item> <item>[win]$(windir)</item> <item>[win]$(windir)\system32</item> <item>[win]$(VISUALWORKS)\bin\win</item> <item>[linux]$(VISUALWORKS)/bin/linux86</item> <item>[linux]/usr/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/usr/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/lib</item></libraryDirectories>
<beVirtual type="eval">true</beVirtual>
<optimizationLevel type="sym">full</optimizationLevel>
<package>SQLite3EXDI</package>
</attributes>
</class>

<reorganize>
<class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface</class-id> <organization>('procedures' #sqlite3_aggregate_context:with: #sqlite3_aggregate_count: #sqlite3_bind_blob:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_double:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int64:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_null:with: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_count: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_index:with: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_name:with: #sqlite3_bind_text16:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_text:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_value:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_handler:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_timeout:with: #sqlite3_changes: #sqlite3_clear_bindings: #sqlite3_close: #sqlite3_collation_needed16:with:with: #sqlite3_collation_needed:with:with: #sqlite3_column_blob:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes16:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes:with: #sqlite3_column_count: #sqlite3_column_decltype16:with: #sqlite3_column_decltype:with: #sqlite3_column_double:with: #sqlite3_column_int64:with: #sqlite3_column_int:with: #sqlite3_column_name16:with: #sqlite3_column_name:with: #sqlite3_column_text16:with: #sqlite3_column_text:with: #sqlite3_column_type:with: #sqlite3_commit_hook:with:with: #sqlite3_complete16: #sqlite3_complete: #sqlite3_create_collation16:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_create_collation:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_create_function16:with:with:with:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_create_function:with:with:with:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_data_count: #sqlite3_db_handle: #sqlite3_errcode: #sqlite3_errmsg16: #sqlite3_errmsg: #sqlite3_exec:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_expired: #sqlite3_finalize: #sqlite3_free: #sqlite3_free_table: #sqlite3_get_autocommit: #sqlite3_get_auxdata:with: #sqlite3_get_table:with:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_global_recover: #sqlite3_interrupt: #sqlite3_key:with:with: #sqlite3_last_insert_rowid: #sqlite3_libversion #sqlite3_libversion_number #sqlite3_mprintf: #sqlite3_open16:with: #sqlite3_open:with: #sqlite3_prepare16:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_prepare:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_profile:with:with: #sqlite3_progress_handler:with:with:with: #sqlite3_rekey:with:with: #sqlite3_reset: #sqlite3_result_blob:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_double:with: #sqlite3_result_error16:with:with: #sqlite3_result_error:with:with: #sqlite3_result_int64:with: #sqlite3_result_int:with: #sqlite3_result_null: #sqlite3_result_text16:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_text16be:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_text16le:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_text:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_value:with: #sqlite3_set_authorizer:with:with: #sqlite3_set_auxdata:with:with:with: #sqlite3_sleep: #sqlite3_snprintf: #sqlite3_step: #sqlite3_total_changes: #sqlite3_trace:with:with: #sqlite3_transfer_bindings:with: #sqlite3_user_data: #sqlite3_value_blob: #sqlite3_value_bytes16: #sqlite3_value_bytes: #sqlite3_value_double: #sqlite3_value_int64: #sqlite3_value_int: #sqlite3_value_text16: #sqlite3_value_text16be: #sqlite3_value_text16le: #sqlite3_value_text: #sqlite3_value_type: #sqlite3_vmprintf:with:)
('defines' #SQLITE3_TEXT #SQLITE_ABORT #SQLITE_ALTER_TABLE #SQLITE_ANALYZE #SQLITE_ANY #SQLITE_ATTACH #SQLITE_AUTH #SQLITE_BLOB #SQLITE_BUSY #SQLITE_CANTOPEN #SQLITE_CONSTRAINT #SQLITE_COPY #SQLITE_CORRUPT #SQLITE_CREATE_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TABLE #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_CREATE_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_VIEW #SQLITE_DELETE #SQLITE_DENY #SQLITE_DETACH #SQLITE_DONE #SQLITE_DROP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TABLE #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TABLE #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_DROP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_VIEW #SQLITE_EMPTY #SQLITE_ERROR #SQLITE_FLOAT #SQLITE_FORMAT #SQLITE_FULL #SQLITE_IGNORE #SQLITE_INSERT #SQLITE_INTEGER #SQLITE_INTERNAL #SQLITE_INTERRUPT #SQLITE_IOERR #SQLITE_LOCKED #SQLITE_MISMATCH #SQLITE_MISUSE #SQLITE_NOLFS #SQLITE_NOMEM #SQLITE_NOTADB #SQLITE_NOTFOUND #SQLITE_NULL #SQLITE_OK #SQLITE_PERM #SQLITE_PRAGMA #SQLITE_PROTOCOL #SQLITE_RANGE #SQLITE_READ #SQLITE_READONLY #SQLITE_REINDEX #SQLITE_ROW #SQLITE_SCHEMA #SQLITE_SELECT #SQLITE_STATIC #SQLITE_TEXT #SQLITE_TOOBIG #SQLITE_TRANSACTION #SQLITE_TRANSIENT #SQLITE_UPDATE #SQLITE_UTF16 #SQLITE_UTF16BE #SQLITE_UTF16LE #SQLITE_UTF8 #SQLITE_VERSION #SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER #_INC_STDARG #_SQLITE3_H_ #_UINTPTR_T_DEFINED #_VA_LIST_DEFINED #_W64 #__DATE__ #__FILE__ #__LINE__ #__STDC__ #__TIME__)
('structs' #Mem #__sqlite3 #__sqlite3_context #__sqlite3_stmt)
('types' #sqlite3 #sqlite3_callback #sqlite3_context #sqlite3_stmt #sqlite3_value #sqlite_int64 #sqlite_uint64 #uintptr_t #va_list)
('variables' #sqlite3_temp_directory #sqlite3_temp_directory: #sqlite3_version #sqlite3_version:)
('macros' #va_arg:with: #va_end: #va_start:with: #_ADDRESSOF: #_APALIGN:with: #_INTSIZEOF: #_SLOTSIZEOF:)
</organization>
</reorganize>

<methods>
<class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface class</class-id> <category>private</category>

<body package="SQLite3EXDI" selector="libraryFilesSearchSignals">libraryFilesSearchSignals
        "This class is expected to provide a list of exceptions which should be ignored
        when the library is not found whilst searching for it under the wrong platfrom name."

^UnixSystemSupport libraryFilesSearchSignals</body>
</methods>

</st-source>

Reply | Threaded
|

Carl Gundel
Thanks Martin,

I guess I can probably adapt this for OS X (of course if anyone already has done this I'd be grateful for the sources).  Trouble is I can't even seem to get SQLite3 libraries downloaded and extracted.  This is probably due to some fundamental misunderstandings on my part because I'm so new to Unix.  I guess there is probably some way to use the SQLite that comes with OS X, but I'm guessing that in that case my application will need to know where it is and what it is called. A spotlight search for sqlite didn't reveal much.

So instead I tried downloading the binaries from sqlite.org.  I ran into some issues.  Perhaps someone here knows what to do?

1) I downloaded sqlite3-3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz from their site.  I tried to open it and I got another archive.  So I tried to open that.  I got another archive, and another.  ????  Clearly I am missing something important here.  I located an older version on the net, and got the same sort of confusing trouble.

2) If I do manage to extract the files, what do I do?  From what I've been reading I need to "install" them into OS X.  Is this true, or can I just put them into the directory where my VW exe is like I do with Windows?

3) Finally, there is the issue of binaries for the PowerPC which are not available at sqlite.org.  Does anyone here have those handy?

-Carl Gundel

On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Martin Kobetic wrote:

I tested it on Fedora 8 briefly, I had to patch the XIF definition because the .so is named differently. See the attached fileout. I didn't get around talking to the maintainer and publishing it yet. But given that SQLite seems to be preinstalled on most popular desktop OSes (excluding Windows), we're seriously thinking about adding it as a goodie and possibly using SQLite as the default store repository for the WebVelocity project.

Martin

Carl Gundel wrote:
Is the SQLite3EXDI support in the public Store cross platform, or just  for Windows?  Anyone here tried it on OS X or Linux?
-Carl Gundel
Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<st-source>
<time-stamp>From VisualWorks®, 7.6 of February 1, 2008 on February 5, 2008 at 4:29:08 pm</time-stamp>
<!-- Package Changes for SQLite3EXDI(sqlite3-vw7.x-3,olaf)* -->

<class>
<name>SQLite3Interface</name>
<environment>Database</environment>
<super>External.ExternalInterface</super>
<private>false</private>
<indexed-type>none</indexed-type>
<inst-vars></inst-vars>
<class-inst-vars></class-inst-vars>
<imports>
Database.SQLite3InterfaceDictionary.*
</imports>
<category>SQLiteEXDI</category>
<attributes>
<includeFiles></includeFiles>
<includeDirectories></includeDirectories>
<libraryFiles><item>[win]sqlite3.dll</item> <item>[linux]sqlite-3.so</item> <item>[linux]libsqlite3.so.0</item></libraryFiles>
<libraryDirectories><item>.</item> <item>[win]$(windir)</item> <item>[win]$(windir)\system32</item> <item>[win]$(VISUALWORKS)\bin\win</item> <item>[linux]$(VISUALWORKS)/bin/linux86</item> <item>[linux]/usr/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/usr/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/lib</item></libraryDirectories>
<beVirtual type="eval">true</beVirtual>
<optimizationLevel type="sym">full</optimizationLevel>
<package>SQLite3EXDI</package>
</attributes>
</class>

<reorganize>
<class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface</class-id> <organization>('procedures' #sqlite3_aggregate_context:with: #sqlite3_aggregate_count: #sqlite3_bind_blob:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_double:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int64:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_null:with: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_count: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_index:with: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_name:with: #sqlite3_bind_text16:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_text:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_value:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_handler:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_timeout:with: #sqlite3_changes: #sqlite3_clear_bindings: #sqlite3_close: #sqlite3_collation_needed16:with:with: #sqlite3_collation_needed:with:with: #sqlite3_column_blob:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes16:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes:with: #sqlite3_column_count: #sqlite3_column_decltype16:with: #sqlite3_column_decltype:with: #sqlite3_column_double:with: #sqlite3_column_int64:with: #sqlite3_column_int:with: #sqlite3_column_name16:with: #sqlite3_column_name:with: #sqlite3_column_text16:with: #sqlite3_column_text:with: #sqlite3_column_type:with: #sqlite3_commit_hook:with:with: #sqlite3_complete16: #sqlite3_complete: #sqlite3_create_collation16:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_create_collation:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_create_function16:with:with:with:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_create_function:with:with:with:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_data_count: #sqlite3_db_handle: #sqlite3_errcode: #sqlite3_errmsg16: #sqlite3_errmsg: #sqlite3_exec:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_expired: #sqlite3_finalize: #sqlite3_free: #sqlite3_free_table: #sqlite3_get_autocommit: #sqlite3_get_auxdata:with: #sqlite3_get_table:with:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_global_recover: #sqlite3_interrupt: #sqlite3_key:with:with: #sqlite3_last_insert_rowid: #sqlite3_libversion #sqlite3_libversion_number #sqlite3_mprintf: #sqlite3_open16:with: #sqlite3_open:with: #sqlite3_prepare16:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_prepare:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_profile:with:with: #sqlite3_progress_handler:with:with:with: #sqlite3_rekey:with:with: #sqlite3_reset: #sqlite3_result_blob:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_double:with: #sqlite3_result_error16:with:with: #sqlite3_result_error:with:with: #sqlite3_result_int64:with: #sqlite3_result_int:with: #sqlite3_result_null: #sqlite3_result_text16:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_text16be:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_text16le:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_text:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_value:with: #sqlite3_set_authorizer:with:with: #sqlite3_set_auxdata:with:with:with: #sqlite3_sleep: #sqlite3_snprintf: #sqlite3_step: #sqlite3_total_changes: #sqlite3_trace:with:with: #sqlite3_transfer_bindings:with: #sqlite3_user_data: #sqlite3_value_blob: #sqlite3_value_bytes16: #sqlite3_value_bytes: #sqlite3_value_double: #sqlite3_value_int64: #sqlite3_value_int: #sqlite3_value_text16: #sqlite3_value_text16be: #sqlite3_value_text16le: #sqlite3_value_text: #sqlite3_value_type: #sqlite3_vmprintf:with:)
('defines' #SQLITE3_TEXT #SQLITE_ABORT #SQLITE_ALTER_TABLE #SQLITE_ANALYZE #SQLITE_ANY #SQLITE_ATTACH #SQLITE_AUTH #SQLITE_BLOB #SQLITE_BUSY #SQLITE_CANTOPEN #SQLITE_CONSTRAINT #SQLITE_COPY #SQLITE_CORRUPT #SQLITE_CREATE_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TABLE #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_CREATE_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_VIEW #SQLITE_DELETE #SQLITE_DENY #SQLITE_DETACH #SQLITE_DONE #SQLITE_DROP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TABLE #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TABLE #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_DROP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_VIEW #SQLITE_EMPTY #SQLITE_ERROR #SQLITE_FLOAT #SQLITE_FORMAT #SQLITE_FULL #SQLITE_IGNORE #SQLITE_INSERT #SQLITE_INTEGER #SQLITE_INTERNAL #SQLITE_INTERRUPT #SQLITE_IOERR #SQLITE_LOCKED #SQLITE_MISMATCH #SQLITE_MISUSE #SQLITE_NOLFS #SQLITE_NOMEM #SQLITE_NOTADB #SQLITE_NOTFOUND #SQLITE_NULL #SQLITE_OK #SQLITE_PERM #SQLITE_PRAGMA #SQLITE_PROTOCOL #SQLITE_RANGE #SQLITE_READ #SQLITE_READONLY #SQLITE_REINDEX #SQLITE_ROW #SQLITE_SCHEMA #SQLITE_SELECT #SQLITE_STATIC #SQLITE_TEXT #SQLITE_TOOBIG #SQLITE_TRANSACTION #SQLITE_TRANSIENT #SQLITE_UPDATE #SQLITE_UTF16 #SQLITE_UTF16BE #SQLITE_UTF16LE #SQLITE_UTF8 #SQLITE_VERSION #SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER #_INC_STDARG #_SQLITE3_H_ #_UINTPTR_T_DEFINED #_VA_LIST_DEFINED #_W64 #__DATE__ #__FILE__ #__LINE__ #__STDC__ #__TIME__)
('structs' #Mem #__sqlite3 #__sqlite3_context #__sqlite3_stmt)
('types' #sqlite3 #sqlite3_callback #sqlite3_context #sqlite3_stmt #sqlite3_value #sqlite_int64 #sqlite_uint64 #uintptr_t #va_list)
('variables' #sqlite3_temp_directory #sqlite3_temp_directory: #sqlite3_version #sqlite3_version:)
('macros' #va_arg:with: #va_end: #va_start:with: #_ADDRESSOF: #_APALIGN:with: #_INTSIZEOF: #_SLOTSIZEOF:)
</organization>
</reorganize>

<methods>
<class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface class</class-id> <category>private</category>

<body package="SQLite3EXDI" selector="libraryFilesSearchSignals">libraryFilesSearchSignals
"This class is expected to provide a list of exceptions which should be ignored
when the library is not found whilst searching for it under the wrong platfrom name."

^UnixSystemSupport libraryFilesSearchSignals</body>
</methods>

</st-source>

Reply | Threaded
|

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
locate libsqlite

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.
4th floor 595 Howe Street
Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
attachments.

Thank you.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
Behalf
> Of Carl Gundel
> Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 12:05 PM
> To: VWNC
> Subject: Re: [vwnc] Is SQLite3EXDI cross platform?
>
> Thanks Martin,
>
> I guess I can probably adapt this for OS X (of course if anyone
already
> has done this I'd be grateful for the sources).  Trouble is I can't
even
> seem to get SQLite3 libraries downloaded and extracted.  This is
probably
> due to some fundamental misunderstandings on my part because I'm so
new to
> Unix.  I guess there is probably some way to use the SQLite that comes
> with OS X, but I'm guessing that in that case my application will need
to
> know where it is and what it is called. A spotlight search for sqlite
> didn't reveal much.
>
> So instead I tried downloading the binaries from sqlite.org.  I ran
into
> some issues.  Perhaps someone here knows what to do?
>
> 1) I downloaded sqlite3-3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz
<http://sqlite.org/sqlite3-
> 3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz>  from their site.  I tried to open it and I got
> another archive.  So I tried to open that.  I got another archive, and
> another.  ????  Clearly I am missing something important here.  I
located
> an older version on the net, and got the same sort of confusing
trouble.
>
> 2) If I do manage to extract the files, what do I do?  From what I've
been
> reading I need to "install" them into OS X.  Is this true, or can I
just
> put them into the directory where my VW exe is like I do with Windows?
>
> 3) Finally, there is the issue of binaries for the PowerPC which are
not
> available at sqlite.org.  Does anyone here have those handy?
>
> -Carl Gundel
> http://www.runbasic.com
>
> On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Martin Kobetic wrote:
>
>
> I tested it on Fedora 8 briefly, I had to patch the XIF
definition
> because the .so is named differently. See the attached fileout. I
didn't
> get around talking to the maintainer and publishing it yet. But given
that
> SQLite seems to be preinstalled on most popular desktop OSes
(excluding
> Windows), we're seriously thinking about adding it as a goodie and
> possibly using SQLite as the default store repository for the
WebVelocity
> project.
>
> Martin
>
> Carl Gundel wrote:
>
>
> Is the SQLite3EXDI support in the public Store cross
platform,

> or just  for Windows?  Anyone here tried it on OS X or Linux?
>
>
> -Carl Gundel
>
>
> Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
>
>
> Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
>
>
>
>
> vwnc mailing list
>
>
> [hidden email]
>
>
>
>
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>
> <st-source>
> <time-stamp>From VisualWorks(r), 7.6 of February 1, 2008 on
February

> 5, 2008 at 4:29:08 pm</time-stamp>
> <!-- Package Changes for SQLite3EXDI(sqlite3-vw7.x-3,olaf)* -->
>
>
> <class>
> <name>SQLite3Interface</name>
> <environment>Database</environment>
> <super>External.ExternalInterface</super>
> <private>false</private>
> <indexed-type>none</indexed-type>
> <inst-vars></inst-vars>
> <class-inst-vars></class-inst-vars>
> <imports>
> Database.SQLite3InterfaceDictionary.*
> </imports>
> <category>SQLiteEXDI</category>
> <attributes>
> <includeFiles></includeFiles>
> <includeDirectories></includeDirectories>
> <libraryFiles><item>[win]sqlite3.dll</item> <item>[linux]sqlite-
> 3.so</item> <item>[linux]libsqlite3.so.0</item></libraryFiles>
> <libraryDirectories><item>.</item> <item>[win]$(windir)</item>
> <item>[win]$(windir)\system32</item>
> <item>[win]$(VISUALWORKS)\bin\win</item>
> <item>[linux]$(VISUALWORKS)/bin/linux86</item>
> <item>[linux]/usr/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/local/lib</item>
> <item>[linux]/usr/lib</item>
> <item>[linux]/opt/lib</item></libraryDirectories>
> <beVirtual type="eval">true</beVirtual>
> <optimizationLevel type="sym">full</optimizationLevel>
> <package>SQLite3EXDI</package>
> </attributes>
> </class>
>
> <reorganize>
> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface</class-id>
> <organization>('procedures' #sqlite3_aggregate_context:with:
> #sqlite3_aggregate_count: #sqlite3_bind_blob:with:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_bind_double:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int64:with:with:
> #sqlite3_bind_int:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_null:with:
> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_count: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_index:with:
> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_name:with:
> #sqlite3_bind_text16:with:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_bind_text:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_value:with:with:
> #sqlite3_busy_handler:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_timeout:with:
> #sqlite3_changes: #sqlite3_clear_bindings: #sqlite3_close:
> #sqlite3_collation_needed16:with:with:
> #sqlite3_collation_needed:with:with: #sqlite3_column_blob:with:
> #sqlite3_column_bytes16:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes:with:
> #sqlite3_column_count: #sqlite3_column_decltype16:with:
> #sqlite3_column_decltype:with: #sqlite3_column_double:with:
> #sqlite3_column_int64:with: #sqlite3_column_int:with:
> #sqlite3_column_name16:with: #sqlite3_column_name:with:
> #sqlite3_column_text16:with: #sqlite3_column_text:with:
> #sqlite3_column_type:with: #sqlite3_commit_hook:with:with:
> #sqlite3_complete16: #sqlite3_complete:
> #sqlite3_create_collation16:with:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_create_collation:with:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_create_function16:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_create_function:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_data_count: #sqlite3_db_handle: #sqlite3_errcode:
> #sqlite3_errmsg16: #sqlite3_errmsg: #sqlite3_exec:with:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_expired: #sqlite3_finalize: #sqlite3_free:
#sqlite3_free_table:
> #sqlite3_get_autocommit: #sqlite3_get_auxdata:with:
> #sqlite3_get_table:with:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_global_recover:
> #sqlite3_interrupt: #sqlite3_key:with:with:
#sqlite3_last_insert_rowid:

> #sqlite3_libversion #sqlite3_libversion_number #sqlite3_mprintf:
> #sqlite3_open16:with: #sqlite3_open:with:
> #sqlite3_prepare16:with:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_prepare:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_profile:with:with:
> #sqlite3_progress_handler:with:with:with: #sqlite3_rekey:with:with:
> #sqlite3_reset: #sqlite3_result_blob:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_result_double:with: #sqlite3_result_error16:with:with:
> #sqlite3_result_error:with:with: #sqlite3_result_int64:with:
> #sqlite3_result_int:with: #sqlite3_result_null:
> #sqlite3_result_text16:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_result_text16be:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_result_text16le:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_result_text:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_value:with:
> #sqlite3_set_authorizer:with:with:
#sqlite3_set_auxdata:with:with:with:
> #sqlite3_sleep: #sqlite3_snprintf: #sqlite3_step:
#sqlite3_total_changes:

> #sqlite3_trace:with:with: #sqlite3_transfer_bindings:with:
> #sqlite3_user_data: #sqlite3_value_blob: #sqlite3_value_bytes16:
> #sqlite3_value_bytes: #sqlite3_value_double: #sqlite3_value_int64:
> #sqlite3_value_int: #sqlite3_value_text16: #sqlite3_value_text16be:
> #sqlite3_value_text16le: #sqlite3_value_text: #sqlite3_value_type:
> #sqlite3_vmprintf:with:)
> ('defines' #SQLITE3_TEXT #SQLITE_ABORT #SQLITE_ALTER_TABLE
> #SQLITE_ANALYZE #SQLITE_ANY #SQLITE_ATTACH #SQLITE_AUTH #SQLITE_BLOB
> #SQLITE_BUSY #SQLITE_CANTOPEN #SQLITE_CONSTRAINT #SQLITE_COPY
> #SQLITE_CORRUPT #SQLITE_CREATE_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TABLE
> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE
> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_VIEW
> #SQLITE_CREATE_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_VIEW #SQLITE_DELETE #SQLITE_DENY
> #SQLITE_DETACH #SQLITE_DONE #SQLITE_DROP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TABLE
> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TABLE
#SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TRIGGER
> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_DROP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_VIEW
> #SQLITE_EMPTY #SQLITE_ERROR #SQLITE_FLOAT #SQLITE_FORMAT #SQLITE_FULL
> #SQLITE_IGNORE #SQLITE_INSERT #SQLITE_INTEGER #SQLITE_INTERNAL
> #SQLITE_INTERRUPT #SQLITE_IOERR #SQLITE_LOCKED #SQLITE_MISMATCH
> #SQLITE_MISUSE #SQLITE_NOLFS #SQLITE_NOMEM #SQLITE_NOTADB
#SQLITE_NOTFOUND
> #SQLITE_NULL #SQLITE_OK #SQLITE_PERM #SQLITE_PRAGMA #SQLITE_PROTOCOL
> #SQLITE_RANGE #SQLITE_READ #SQLITE_READONLY #SQLITE_REINDEX
#SQLITE_ROW
> #SQLITE_SCHEMA #SQLITE_SELECT #SQLITE_STATIC #SQLITE_TEXT
#SQLITE_TOOBIG
> #SQLITE_TRANSACTION #SQLITE_TRANSIENT #SQLITE_UPDATE #SQLITE_UTF16
> #SQLITE_UTF16BE #SQLITE_UTF16LE #SQLITE_UTF8 #SQLITE_VERSION
> #SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER #_INC_STDARG #_SQLITE3_H_ #_UINTPTR_T_DEFINED
> #_VA_LIST_DEFINED #_W64 #__DATE__ #__FILE__ #__LINE__ #__STDC__
#__TIME__)
> ('structs' #Mem #__sqlite3 #__sqlite3_context #__sqlite3_stmt)
> ('types' #sqlite3 #sqlite3_callback #sqlite3_context
#sqlite3_stmt

> #sqlite3_value #sqlite_int64 #sqlite_uint64 #uintptr_t #va_list)
> ('variables' #sqlite3_temp_directory #sqlite3_temp_directory:
> #sqlite3_version #sqlite3_version:)
> ('macros' #va_arg:with: #va_end: #va_start:with: #_ADDRESSOF:
> #_APALIGN:with: #_INTSIZEOF: #_SLOTSIZEOF:)
> </organization>
> </reorganize>
>
> <methods>
> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface class</class-id>
> <category>private</category>
>
> <body package="SQLite3EXDI"
> selector="libraryFilesSearchSignals">libraryFilesSearchSignals
> "This class is expected to provide a list of exceptions which
should

> be ignored
> when the library is not found whilst searching for it under the
> wrong platfrom name."
>
> ^UnixSystemSupport libraryFilesSearchSignals</body>
> </methods>
>
>
> </st-source>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Carl Gundel
Thanks Boris.  I didn't find that, but I did find /usr/bin/sqlite3 by  
Googling a bit more.  Someone on a Ruby website has some sqlite3  
details.  http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite

Strange that spotlight doesn't find it.  :-/

Still, I need a copy of the library for PowerPC, and I'm wondering if  
I can just stick the library in my application directory or in a  
subdirectory.  I'll experiment.  I don't really want to depend on the  
file being available in a certain place, especially since sqlite is  
only recently preinstalled on OS X.

It would be great if SQLite libraries would come with VisualWorks  
along with Smalltalk libraries, but perhaps this is outside the scope  
of VW.

-Carl

On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Boris Popov wrote:

> locate libsqlite
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf
>> Of Carl Gundel
>> Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 12:05 PM
>> To: VWNC
>> Subject: Re: [vwnc] Is SQLite3EXDI cross platform?
>>
>> Thanks Martin,
>>
>> I guess I can probably adapt this for OS X (of course if anyone
> already
>> has done this I'd be grateful for the sources).  Trouble is I can't
> even
>> seem to get SQLite3 libraries downloaded and extracted.  This is
> probably
>> due to some fundamental misunderstandings on my part because I'm so
> new to
>> Unix.  I guess there is probably some way to use the SQLite that  
>> comes
>> with OS X, but I'm guessing that in that case my application will  
>> need
> to
>> know where it is and what it is called. A spotlight search for sqlite
>> didn't reveal much.
>>
>> So instead I tried downloading the binaries from sqlite.org.  I ran
> into
>> some issues.  Perhaps someone here knows what to do?
>>
>> 1) I downloaded sqlite3-3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz
> <http://sqlite.org/sqlite3-
>> 3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz>  from their site.  I tried to open it and I got
>> another archive.  So I tried to open that.  I got another archive,  
>> and
>> another.  ????  Clearly I am missing something important here.  I
> located
>> an older version on the net, and got the same sort of confusing
> trouble.
>>
>> 2) If I do manage to extract the files, what do I do?  From what I've
> been
>> reading I need to "install" them into OS X.  Is this true, or can I
> just
>> put them into the directory where my VW exe is like I do with  
>> Windows?
>>
>> 3) Finally, there is the issue of binaries for the PowerPC which are
> not
>> available at sqlite.org.  Does anyone here have those handy?
>>
>> -Carl Gundel
>> http://www.runbasic.com
>>
>> On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Martin Kobetic wrote:
>>
>>
>> I tested it on Fedora 8 briefly, I had to patch the XIF
> definition
>> because the .so is named differently. See the attached fileout. I
> didn't
>> get around talking to the maintainer and publishing it yet. But given
> that
>> SQLite seems to be preinstalled on most popular desktop OSes
> (excluding
>> Windows), we're seriously thinking about adding it as a goodie and
>> possibly using SQLite as the default store repository for the
> WebVelocity
>> project.
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> Carl Gundel wrote:
>>
>>
>> Is the SQLite3EXDI support in the public Store cross
> platform,
>> or just  for Windows?  Anyone here tried it on OS X or Linux?
>>
>>
>> -Carl Gundel
>>
>>
>> Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
>>
>>
>> Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>>
>>
>> vwnc mailing list
>>
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>
>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc
>>
>>
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>
>> <st-source>
>> <time-stamp>From VisualWorks(r), 7.6 of February 1, 2008 on
> February
>> 5, 2008 at 4:29:08 pm</time-stamp>
>> <!-- Package Changes for SQLite3EXDI(sqlite3-vw7.x-3,olaf)* -->
>>
>>
>> <class>
>> <name>SQLite3Interface</name>
>> <environment>Database</environment>
>> <super>External.ExternalInterface</super>
>> <private>false</private>
>> <indexed-type>none</indexed-type>
>> <inst-vars></inst-vars>
>> <class-inst-vars></class-inst-vars>
>> <imports>
>> Database.SQLite3InterfaceDictionary.*
>> </imports>
>> <category>SQLiteEXDI</category>
>> <attributes>
>> <includeFiles></includeFiles>
>> <includeDirectories></includeDirectories>
>> <libraryFiles><item>[win]sqlite3.dll</item> <item>[linux]sqlite-
>> 3.so</item> <item>[linux]libsqlite3.so.0</item></libraryFiles>
>> <libraryDirectories><item>.</item> <item>[win]$(windir)</item>
>> <item>[win]$(windir)\system32</item>
>> <item>[win]$(VISUALWORKS)\bin\win</item>
>> <item>[linux]$(VISUALWORKS)/bin/linux86</item>
>> <item>[linux]/usr/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/local/lib</item>
>> <item>[linux]/usr/lib</item>
>> <item>[linux]/opt/lib</item></libraryDirectories>
>> <beVirtual type="eval">true</beVirtual>
>> <optimizationLevel type="sym">full</optimizationLevel>
>> <package>SQLite3EXDI</package>
>> </attributes>
>> </class>
>>
>> <reorganize>
>> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface</class-id>
>> <organization>('procedures' #sqlite3_aggregate_context:with:
>> #sqlite3_aggregate_count: #sqlite3_bind_blob:with:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_bind_double:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int64:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_bind_int:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_null:with:
>> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_count: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_index:with:
>> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_name:with:
>> #sqlite3_bind_text16:with:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_bind_text:with:with:with:with:  
>> #sqlite3_bind_value:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_busy_handler:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_timeout:with:
>> #sqlite3_changes: #sqlite3_clear_bindings: #sqlite3_close:
>> #sqlite3_collation_needed16:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_collation_needed:with:with: #sqlite3_column_blob:with:
>> #sqlite3_column_bytes16:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes:with:
>> #sqlite3_column_count: #sqlite3_column_decltype16:with:
>> #sqlite3_column_decltype:with: #sqlite3_column_double:with:
>> #sqlite3_column_int64:with: #sqlite3_column_int:with:
>> #sqlite3_column_name16:with: #sqlite3_column_name:with:
>> #sqlite3_column_text16:with: #sqlite3_column_text:with:
>> #sqlite3_column_type:with: #sqlite3_commit_hook:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_complete16: #sqlite3_complete:
>> #sqlite3_create_collation16:with:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_create_collation:with:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_create_function16:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_create_function:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_data_count: #sqlite3_db_handle: #sqlite3_errcode:
>> #sqlite3_errmsg16: #sqlite3_errmsg:  
>> #sqlite3_exec:with:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_expired: #sqlite3_finalize: #sqlite3_free:
> #sqlite3_free_table:
>> #sqlite3_get_autocommit: #sqlite3_get_auxdata:with:
>> #sqlite3_get_table:with:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_global_recover:
>> #sqlite3_interrupt: #sqlite3_key:with:with:
> #sqlite3_last_insert_rowid:
>> #sqlite3_libversion #sqlite3_libversion_number #sqlite3_mprintf:
>> #sqlite3_open16:with: #sqlite3_open:with:
>> #sqlite3_prepare16:with:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_prepare:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_profile:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_progress_handler:with:with:with: #sqlite3_rekey:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_reset: #sqlite3_result_blob:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_result_double:with: #sqlite3_result_error16:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_result_error:with:with: #sqlite3_result_int64:with:
>> #sqlite3_result_int:with: #sqlite3_result_null:
>> #sqlite3_result_text16:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_result_text16be:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_result_text16le:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_result_text:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_value:with:
>> #sqlite3_set_authorizer:with:with:
> #sqlite3_set_auxdata:with:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_sleep: #sqlite3_snprintf: #sqlite3_step:
> #sqlite3_total_changes:
>> #sqlite3_trace:with:with: #sqlite3_transfer_bindings:with:
>> #sqlite3_user_data: #sqlite3_value_blob: #sqlite3_value_bytes16:
>> #sqlite3_value_bytes: #sqlite3_value_double: #sqlite3_value_int64:
>> #sqlite3_value_int: #sqlite3_value_text16: #sqlite3_value_text16be:
>> #sqlite3_value_text16le: #sqlite3_value_text: #sqlite3_value_type:
>> #sqlite3_vmprintf:with:)
>> ('defines' #SQLITE3_TEXT #SQLITE_ABORT #SQLITE_ALTER_TABLE
>> #SQLITE_ANALYZE #SQLITE_ANY #SQLITE_ATTACH #SQLITE_AUTH #SQLITE_BLOB
>> #SQLITE_BUSY #SQLITE_CANTOPEN #SQLITE_CONSTRAINT #SQLITE_COPY
>> #SQLITE_CORRUPT #SQLITE_CREATE_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TABLE
>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE
>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_VIEW
>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_VIEW #SQLITE_DELETE  
>> #SQLITE_DENY
>> #SQLITE_DETACH #SQLITE_DONE #SQLITE_DROP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TABLE
>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TABLE
> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TRIGGER
>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_DROP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_VIEW
>> #SQLITE_EMPTY #SQLITE_ERROR #SQLITE_FLOAT #SQLITE_FORMAT #SQLITE_FULL
>> #SQLITE_IGNORE #SQLITE_INSERT #SQLITE_INTEGER #SQLITE_INTERNAL
>> #SQLITE_INTERRUPT #SQLITE_IOERR #SQLITE_LOCKED #SQLITE_MISMATCH
>> #SQLITE_MISUSE #SQLITE_NOLFS #SQLITE_NOMEM #SQLITE_NOTADB
> #SQLITE_NOTFOUND
>> #SQLITE_NULL #SQLITE_OK #SQLITE_PERM #SQLITE_PRAGMA #SQLITE_PROTOCOL
>> #SQLITE_RANGE #SQLITE_READ #SQLITE_READONLY #SQLITE_REINDEX
> #SQLITE_ROW
>> #SQLITE_SCHEMA #SQLITE_SELECT #SQLITE_STATIC #SQLITE_TEXT
> #SQLITE_TOOBIG
>> #SQLITE_TRANSACTION #SQLITE_TRANSIENT #SQLITE_UPDATE #SQLITE_UTF16
>> #SQLITE_UTF16BE #SQLITE_UTF16LE #SQLITE_UTF8 #SQLITE_VERSION
>> #SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER #_INC_STDARG #_SQLITE3_H_ #_UINTPTR_T_DEFINED
>> #_VA_LIST_DEFINED #_W64 #__DATE__ #__FILE__ #__LINE__ #__STDC__
> #__TIME__)
>> ('structs' #Mem #__sqlite3 #__sqlite3_context #__sqlite3_stmt)
>> ('types' #sqlite3 #sqlite3_callback #sqlite3_context
> #sqlite3_stmt
>> #sqlite3_value #sqlite_int64 #sqlite_uint64 #uintptr_t #va_list)
>> ('variables' #sqlite3_temp_directory #sqlite3_temp_directory:
>> #sqlite3_version #sqlite3_version:)
>> ('macros' #va_arg:with: #va_end: #va_start:with: #_ADDRESSOF:
>> #_APALIGN:with: #_INTSIZEOF: #_SLOTSIZEOF:)
>> </organization>
>> </reorganize>
>>
>> <methods>
>> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface class</class-id>
>> <category>private</category>
>>
>> <body package="SQLite3EXDI"
>> selector="libraryFilesSearchSignals">libraryFilesSearchSignals
>> "This class is expected to provide a list of exceptions which
> should
>> be ignored
>> when the library is not found whilst searching for it under the
>> wrong platfrom name."
>>
>> ^UnixSystemSupport libraryFilesSearchSignals</body>
>> </methods>
>>
>>
>> </st-source>
>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Carl Gundel
Okay, so I managed to get VW to find the sqlite3 file in /usr/bin/
sqlite3 however it fails with this error in the primLoadLibrary: method.

a SystemError(#'generic error','NSObjectFileImageInappropriateFile')

Any ideas?

-Carl

On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Carl Gundel wrote:

> Thanks Boris.  I didn't find that, but I did find /usr/bin/sqlite3 by
> Googling a bit more.  Someone on a Ruby website has some sqlite3
> details.  http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite
>
> Strange that spotlight doesn't find it.  :-/
>
> Still, I need a copy of the library for PowerPC, and I'm wondering if
> I can just stick the library in my application directory or in a
> subdirectory.  I'll experiment.  I don't really want to depend on the
> file being available in a certain place, especially since sqlite is
> only recently preinstalled on OS X.
>
> It would be great if SQLite libraries would come with VisualWorks
> along with Smalltalk libraries, but perhaps this is outside the scope
> of VW.
>
> -Carl
>
> On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Boris Popov wrote:
>
>> locate libsqlite
>>
>> -Boris
>>
>> --
>> +1.604.689.0322
>> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
>> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
>> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
>> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>
>> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
>> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
>> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
>> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
>> attachments.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
>> Behalf
>>> Of Carl Gundel
>>> Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 12:05 PM
>>> To: VWNC
>>> Subject: Re: [vwnc] Is SQLite3EXDI cross platform?
>>>
>>> Thanks Martin,
>>>
>>> I guess I can probably adapt this for OS X (of course if anyone
>> already
>>> has done this I'd be grateful for the sources).  Trouble is I can't
>> even
>>> seem to get SQLite3 libraries downloaded and extracted.  This is
>> probably
>>> due to some fundamental misunderstandings on my part because I'm so
>> new to
>>> Unix.  I guess there is probably some way to use the SQLite that
>>> comes
>>> with OS X, but I'm guessing that in that case my application will
>>> need
>> to
>>> know where it is and what it is called. A spotlight search for  
>>> sqlite
>>> didn't reveal much.
>>>
>>> So instead I tried downloading the binaries from sqlite.org.  I ran
>> into
>>> some issues.  Perhaps someone here knows what to do?
>>>
>>> 1) I downloaded sqlite3-3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz
>> <http://sqlite.org/sqlite3-
>>> 3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz>  from their site.  I tried to open it and I  
>>> got
>>> another archive.  So I tried to open that.  I got another archive,
>>> and
>>> another.  ????  Clearly I am missing something important here.  I
>> located
>>> an older version on the net, and got the same sort of confusing
>> trouble.
>>>
>>> 2) If I do manage to extract the files, what do I do?  From what  
>>> I've
>> been
>>> reading I need to "install" them into OS X.  Is this true, or can I
>> just
>>> put them into the directory where my VW exe is like I do with
>>> Windows?
>>>
>>> 3) Finally, there is the issue of binaries for the PowerPC which are
>> not
>>> available at sqlite.org.  Does anyone here have those handy?
>>>
>>> -Carl Gundel
>>> http://www.runbasic.com
>>>
>>> On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Martin Kobetic wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> I tested it on Fedora 8 briefly, I had to patch the XIF
>> definition
>>> because the .so is named differently. See the attached fileout. I
>> didn't
>>> get around talking to the maintainer and publishing it yet. But  
>>> given
>> that
>>> SQLite seems to be preinstalled on most popular desktop OSes
>> (excluding
>>> Windows), we're seriously thinking about adding it as a goodie and
>>> possibly using SQLite as the default store repository for the
>> WebVelocity
>>> project.
>>>
>>> Martin
>>>
>>> Carl Gundel wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Is the SQLite3EXDI support in the public Store cross
>> platform,
>>> or just  for Windows?  Anyone here tried it on OS X or Linux?
>>>
>>>
>>> -Carl Gundel
>>>
>>>
>>> Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
>>>
>>>
>>> Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>>
>>>
>>> vwnc mailing list
>>>
>>>
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>>
>>> <st-source>
>>> <time-stamp>From VisualWorks(r), 7.6 of February 1, 2008 on
>> February
>>> 5, 2008 at 4:29:08 pm</time-stamp>
>>> <!-- Package Changes for SQLite3EXDI(sqlite3-vw7.x-3,olaf)* -->
>>>
>>>
>>> <class>
>>> <name>SQLite3Interface</name>
>>> <environment>Database</environment>
>>> <super>External.ExternalInterface</super>
>>> <private>false</private>
>>> <indexed-type>none</indexed-type>
>>> <inst-vars></inst-vars>
>>> <class-inst-vars></class-inst-vars>
>>> <imports>
>>> Database.SQLite3InterfaceDictionary.*
>>> </imports>
>>> <category>SQLiteEXDI</category>
>>> <attributes>
>>> <includeFiles></includeFiles>
>>> <includeDirectories></includeDirectories>
>>> <libraryFiles><item>[win]sqlite3.dll</item> <item>[linux]sqlite-
>>> 3.so</item> <item>[linux]libsqlite3.so.0</item></libraryFiles>
>>> <libraryDirectories><item>.</item> <item>[win]$(windir)</item>
>>> <item>[win]$(windir)\system32</item>
>>> <item>[win]$(VISUALWORKS)\bin\win</item>
>>> <item>[linux]$(VISUALWORKS)/bin/linux86</item>
>>> <item>[linux]/usr/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/local/lib</
>>> item>
>>> <item>[linux]/usr/lib</item>
>>> <item>[linux]/opt/lib</item></libraryDirectories>
>>> <beVirtual type="eval">true</beVirtual>
>>> <optimizationLevel type="sym">full</optimizationLevel>
>>> <package>SQLite3EXDI</package>
>>> </attributes>
>>> </class>
>>>
>>> <reorganize>
>>> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface</class-id>
>>> <organization>('procedures' #sqlite3_aggregate_context:with:
>>> #sqlite3_aggregate_count: #sqlite3_bind_blob:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_bind_double:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int64:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_bind_int:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_null:with:
>>> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_count: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_index:with:
>>> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_name:with:
>>> #sqlite3_bind_text16:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_bind_text:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_bind_value:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_busy_handler:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_timeout:with:
>>> #sqlite3_changes: #sqlite3_clear_bindings: #sqlite3_close:
>>> #sqlite3_collation_needed16:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_collation_needed:with:with: #sqlite3_column_blob:with:
>>> #sqlite3_column_bytes16:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes:with:
>>> #sqlite3_column_count: #sqlite3_column_decltype16:with:
>>> #sqlite3_column_decltype:with: #sqlite3_column_double:with:
>>> #sqlite3_column_int64:with: #sqlite3_column_int:with:
>>> #sqlite3_column_name16:with: #sqlite3_column_name:with:
>>> #sqlite3_column_text16:with: #sqlite3_column_text:with:
>>> #sqlite3_column_type:with: #sqlite3_commit_hook:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_complete16: #sqlite3_complete:
>>> #sqlite3_create_collation16:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_create_collation:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_create_function16:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_create_function:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_data_count: #sqlite3_db_handle: #sqlite3_errcode:
>>> #sqlite3_errmsg16: #sqlite3_errmsg:
>>> #sqlite3_exec:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_expired: #sqlite3_finalize: #sqlite3_free:
>> #sqlite3_free_table:
>>> #sqlite3_get_autocommit: #sqlite3_get_auxdata:with:
>>> #sqlite3_get_table:with:with:with:with:with:  
>>> #sqlite3_global_recover:
>>> #sqlite3_interrupt: #sqlite3_key:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_last_insert_rowid:
>>> #sqlite3_libversion #sqlite3_libversion_number #sqlite3_mprintf:
>>> #sqlite3_open16:with: #sqlite3_open:with:
>>> #sqlite3_prepare16:with:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_prepare:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_profile:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_progress_handler:with:with:with: #sqlite3_rekey:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_reset: #sqlite3_result_blob:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_result_double:with: #sqlite3_result_error16:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_result_error:with:with: #sqlite3_result_int64:with:
>>> #sqlite3_result_int:with: #sqlite3_result_null:
>>> #sqlite3_result_text16:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_result_text16be:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_result_text16le:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_result_text:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_value:with:
>>> #sqlite3_set_authorizer:with:with:
>> #sqlite3_set_auxdata:with:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_sleep: #sqlite3_snprintf: #sqlite3_step:
>> #sqlite3_total_changes:
>>> #sqlite3_trace:with:with: #sqlite3_transfer_bindings:with:
>>> #sqlite3_user_data: #sqlite3_value_blob: #sqlite3_value_bytes16:
>>> #sqlite3_value_bytes: #sqlite3_value_double: #sqlite3_value_int64:
>>> #sqlite3_value_int: #sqlite3_value_text16: #sqlite3_value_text16be:
>>> #sqlite3_value_text16le: #sqlite3_value_text: #sqlite3_value_type:
>>> #sqlite3_vmprintf:with:)
>>> ('defines' #SQLITE3_TEXT #SQLITE_ABORT #SQLITE_ALTER_TABLE
>>> #SQLITE_ANALYZE #SQLITE_ANY #SQLITE_ATTACH #SQLITE_AUTH #SQLITE_BLOB
>>> #SQLITE_BUSY #SQLITE_CANTOPEN #SQLITE_CONSTRAINT #SQLITE_COPY
>>> #SQLITE_CORRUPT #SQLITE_CREATE_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TABLE
>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE
>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_VIEW
>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_VIEW #SQLITE_DELETE
>>> #SQLITE_DENY
>>> #SQLITE_DETACH #SQLITE_DONE #SQLITE_DROP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TABLE
>>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TABLE
>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TRIGGER
>>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_DROP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_VIEW
>>> #SQLITE_EMPTY #SQLITE_ERROR #SQLITE_FLOAT #SQLITE_FORMAT  
>>> #SQLITE_FULL
>>> #SQLITE_IGNORE #SQLITE_INSERT #SQLITE_INTEGER #SQLITE_INTERNAL
>>> #SQLITE_INTERRUPT #SQLITE_IOERR #SQLITE_LOCKED #SQLITE_MISMATCH
>>> #SQLITE_MISUSE #SQLITE_NOLFS #SQLITE_NOMEM #SQLITE_NOTADB
>> #SQLITE_NOTFOUND
>>> #SQLITE_NULL #SQLITE_OK #SQLITE_PERM #SQLITE_PRAGMA #SQLITE_PROTOCOL
>>> #SQLITE_RANGE #SQLITE_READ #SQLITE_READONLY #SQLITE_REINDEX
>> #SQLITE_ROW
>>> #SQLITE_SCHEMA #SQLITE_SELECT #SQLITE_STATIC #SQLITE_TEXT
>> #SQLITE_TOOBIG
>>> #SQLITE_TRANSACTION #SQLITE_TRANSIENT #SQLITE_UPDATE #SQLITE_UTF16
>>> #SQLITE_UTF16BE #SQLITE_UTF16LE #SQLITE_UTF8 #SQLITE_VERSION
>>> #SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER #_INC_STDARG #_SQLITE3_H_ #_UINTPTR_T_DEFINED
>>> #_VA_LIST_DEFINED #_W64 #__DATE__ #__FILE__ #__LINE__ #__STDC__
>> #__TIME__)
>>> ('structs' #Mem #__sqlite3 #__sqlite3_context #__sqlite3_stmt)
>>> ('types' #sqlite3 #sqlite3_callback #sqlite3_context
>> #sqlite3_stmt
>>> #sqlite3_value #sqlite_int64 #sqlite_uint64 #uintptr_t #va_list)
>>> ('variables' #sqlite3_temp_directory #sqlite3_temp_directory:
>>> #sqlite3_version #sqlite3_version:)
>>> ('macros' #va_arg:with: #va_end: #va_start:with: #_ADDRESSOF:
>>> #_APALIGN:with: #_INTSIZEOF: #_SLOTSIZEOF:)
>>> </organization>
>>> </reorganize>
>>>
>>> <methods>
>>> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface class</class-id>
>>> <category>private</category>
>>>
>>> <body package="SQLite3EXDI"
>>> selector="libraryFilesSearchSignals">libraryFilesSearchSignals
>>> "This class is expected to provide a list of exceptions which
>> should
>>> be ignored
>>> when the library is not found whilst searching for it under the
>>> wrong platfrom name."
>>>
>>> ^UnixSystemSupport libraryFilesSearchSignals</body>
>>> </methods>
>>>
>>>
>>> </st-source>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> vwnc mailing list
> [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
|

Carl Gundel
Oh, just some more information.  I used the specifier [MacOSX] to  
specify my platform.  Is this wrong for Intel OS X?  Am I telling VW  
that this is a PowerPC library?

-Carl

On Apr 24, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Carl Gundel wrote:

> Okay, so I managed to get VW to find the sqlite3 file in /usr/bin/
> sqlite3 however it fails with this error in the primLoadLibrary:  
> method.
>
> a SystemError(#'generic error','NSObjectFileImageInappropriateFile')
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Carl
>
> On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Carl Gundel wrote:
>
>> Thanks Boris.  I didn't find that, but I did find /usr/bin/sqlite3 by
>> Googling a bit more.  Someone on a Ruby website has some sqlite3
>> details.  http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite
>>
>> Strange that spotlight doesn't find it.  :-/
>>
>> Still, I need a copy of the library for PowerPC, and I'm wondering if
>> I can just stick the library in my application directory or in a
>> subdirectory.  I'll experiment.  I don't really want to depend on the
>> file being available in a certain place, especially since sqlite is
>> only recently preinstalled on OS X.
>>
>> It would be great if SQLite libraries would come with VisualWorks
>> along with Smalltalk libraries, but perhaps this is outside the scope
>> of VW.
>>
>> -Carl
>>
>> On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Boris Popov wrote:
>>
>>> locate libsqlite
>>>
>>> -Boris
>>>
>>> --
>>> +1.604.689.0322
>>> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
>>> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
>>> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
>>> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>>>
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>>
>>> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
>>> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
>>> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
>>> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
>>> attachments.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
>>> Behalf
>>>> Of Carl Gundel
>>>> Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 12:05 PM
>>>> To: VWNC
>>>> Subject: Re: [vwnc] Is SQLite3EXDI cross platform?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks Martin,
>>>>
>>>> I guess I can probably adapt this for OS X (of course if anyone
>>> already
>>>> has done this I'd be grateful for the sources).  Trouble is I can't
>>> even
>>>> seem to get SQLite3 libraries downloaded and extracted.  This is
>>> probably
>>>> due to some fundamental misunderstandings on my part because I'm so
>>> new to
>>>> Unix.  I guess there is probably some way to use the SQLite that
>>>> comes
>>>> with OS X, but I'm guessing that in that case my application will
>>>> need
>>> to
>>>> know where it is and what it is called. A spotlight search for
>>>> sqlite
>>>> didn't reveal much.
>>>>
>>>> So instead I tried downloading the binaries from sqlite.org.  I ran
>>> into
>>>> some issues.  Perhaps someone here knows what to do?
>>>>
>>>> 1) I downloaded sqlite3-3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz
>>> <http://sqlite.org/sqlite3-
>>>> 3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz>  from their site.  I tried to open it and I
>>>> got
>>>> another archive.  So I tried to open that.  I got another archive,
>>>> and
>>>> another.  ????  Clearly I am missing something important here.  I
>>> located
>>>> an older version on the net, and got the same sort of confusing
>>> trouble.
>>>>
>>>> 2) If I do manage to extract the files, what do I do?  From what
>>>> I've
>>> been
>>>> reading I need to "install" them into OS X.  Is this true, or can I
>>> just
>>>> put them into the directory where my VW exe is like I do with
>>>> Windows?
>>>>
>>>> 3) Finally, there is the issue of binaries for the PowerPC which  
>>>> are
>>> not
>>>> available at sqlite.org.  Does anyone here have those handy?
>>>>
>>>> -Carl Gundel
>>>> http://www.runbasic.com
>>>>
>>>> On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Martin Kobetic wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I tested it on Fedora 8 briefly, I had to patch the XIF
>>> definition
>>>> because the .so is named differently. See the attached fileout. I
>>> didn't
>>>> get around talking to the maintainer and publishing it yet. But
>>>> given
>>> that
>>>> SQLite seems to be preinstalled on most popular desktop OSes
>>> (excluding
>>>> Windows), we're seriously thinking about adding it as a goodie and
>>>> possibly using SQLite as the default store repository for the
>>> WebVelocity
>>>> project.
>>>>
>>>> Martin
>>>>
>>>> Carl Gundel wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Is the SQLite3EXDI support in the public Store cross
>>> platform,
>>>> or just  for Windows?  Anyone here tried it on OS X or Linux?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -Carl Gundel
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> vwnc mailing list
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>>>
>>>> <st-source>
>>>> <time-stamp>From VisualWorks(r), 7.6 of February 1, 2008 on
>>> February
>>>> 5, 2008 at 4:29:08 pm</time-stamp>
>>>> <!-- Package Changes for SQLite3EXDI(sqlite3-vw7.x-3,olaf)* -->
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> <class>
>>>> <name>SQLite3Interface</name>
>>>> <environment>Database</environment>
>>>> <super>External.ExternalInterface</super>
>>>> <private>false</private>
>>>> <indexed-type>none</indexed-type>
>>>> <inst-vars></inst-vars>
>>>> <class-inst-vars></class-inst-vars>
>>>> <imports>
>>>> Database.SQLite3InterfaceDictionary.*
>>>> </imports>
>>>> <category>SQLiteEXDI</category>
>>>> <attributes>
>>>> <includeFiles></includeFiles>
>>>> <includeDirectories></includeDirectories>
>>>> <libraryFiles><item>[win]sqlite3.dll</item> <item>[linux]sqlite-
>>>> 3.so</item> <item>[linux]libsqlite3.so.0</item></libraryFiles>
>>>> <libraryDirectories><item>.</item> <item>[win]$(windir)</item>
>>>> <item>[win]$(windir)\system32</item>
>>>> <item>[win]$(VISUALWORKS)\bin\win</item>
>>>> <item>[linux]$(VISUALWORKS)/bin/linux86</item>
>>>> <item>[linux]/usr/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/local/lib</
>>>> item>
>>>> <item>[linux]/usr/lib</item>
>>>> <item>[linux]/opt/lib</item></libraryDirectories>
>>>> <beVirtual type="eval">true</beVirtual>
>>>> <optimizationLevel type="sym">full</optimizationLevel>
>>>> <package>SQLite3EXDI</package>
>>>> </attributes>
>>>> </class>
>>>>
>>>> <reorganize>
>>>> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface</class-id>
>>>> <organization>('procedures' #sqlite3_aggregate_context:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_aggregate_count: #sqlite3_bind_blob:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_bind_double:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int64:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_bind_int:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_null:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_count: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_index:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_name:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_bind_text16:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_bind_text:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_bind_value:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_busy_handler:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_timeout:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_changes: #sqlite3_clear_bindings: #sqlite3_close:
>>>> #sqlite3_collation_needed16:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_collation_needed:with:with: #sqlite3_column_blob:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_column_bytes16:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_column_count: #sqlite3_column_decltype16:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_column_decltype:with: #sqlite3_column_double:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_column_int64:with: #sqlite3_column_int:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_column_name16:with: #sqlite3_column_name:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_column_text16:with: #sqlite3_column_text:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_column_type:with: #sqlite3_commit_hook:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_complete16: #sqlite3_complete:
>>>> #sqlite3_create_collation16:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_create_collation:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_create_function16:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_create_function:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_data_count: #sqlite3_db_handle: #sqlite3_errcode:
>>>> #sqlite3_errmsg16: #sqlite3_errmsg:
>>>> #sqlite3_exec:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_expired: #sqlite3_finalize: #sqlite3_free:
>>> #sqlite3_free_table:
>>>> #sqlite3_get_autocommit: #sqlite3_get_auxdata:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_get_table:with:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_global_recover:
>>>> #sqlite3_interrupt: #sqlite3_key:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_last_insert_rowid:
>>>> #sqlite3_libversion #sqlite3_libversion_number #sqlite3_mprintf:
>>>> #sqlite3_open16:with: #sqlite3_open:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_prepare16:with:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_prepare:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_profile:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_progress_handler:with:with:with: #sqlite3_rekey:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_reset: #sqlite3_result_blob:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_result_double:with: #sqlite3_result_error16:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_result_error:with:with: #sqlite3_result_int64:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_result_int:with: #sqlite3_result_null:
>>>> #sqlite3_result_text16:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_result_text16be:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_result_text16le:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_result_text:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_value:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_set_authorizer:with:with:
>>> #sqlite3_set_auxdata:with:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_sleep: #sqlite3_snprintf: #sqlite3_step:
>>> #sqlite3_total_changes:
>>>> #sqlite3_trace:with:with: #sqlite3_transfer_bindings:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_user_data: #sqlite3_value_blob: #sqlite3_value_bytes16:
>>>> #sqlite3_value_bytes: #sqlite3_value_double: #sqlite3_value_int64:
>>>> #sqlite3_value_int: #sqlite3_value_text16: #sqlite3_value_text16be:
>>>> #sqlite3_value_text16le: #sqlite3_value_text: #sqlite3_value_type:
>>>> #sqlite3_vmprintf:with:)
>>>> ('defines' #SQLITE3_TEXT #SQLITE_ABORT #SQLITE_ALTER_TABLE
>>>> #SQLITE_ANALYZE #SQLITE_ANY #SQLITE_ATTACH #SQLITE_AUTH  
>>>> #SQLITE_BLOB
>>>> #SQLITE_BUSY #SQLITE_CANTOPEN #SQLITE_CONSTRAINT #SQLITE_COPY
>>>> #SQLITE_CORRUPT #SQLITE_CREATE_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TABLE
>>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE
>>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_VIEW
>>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_VIEW #SQLITE_DELETE
>>>> #SQLITE_DENY
>>>> #SQLITE_DETACH #SQLITE_DONE #SQLITE_DROP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TABLE
>>>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TABLE
>>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TRIGGER
>>>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_DROP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_VIEW
>>>> #SQLITE_EMPTY #SQLITE_ERROR #SQLITE_FLOAT #SQLITE_FORMAT
>>>> #SQLITE_FULL
>>>> #SQLITE_IGNORE #SQLITE_INSERT #SQLITE_INTEGER #SQLITE_INTERNAL
>>>> #SQLITE_INTERRUPT #SQLITE_IOERR #SQLITE_LOCKED #SQLITE_MISMATCH
>>>> #SQLITE_MISUSE #SQLITE_NOLFS #SQLITE_NOMEM #SQLITE_NOTADB
>>> #SQLITE_NOTFOUND
>>>> #SQLITE_NULL #SQLITE_OK #SQLITE_PERM #SQLITE_PRAGMA  
>>>> #SQLITE_PROTOCOL
>>>> #SQLITE_RANGE #SQLITE_READ #SQLITE_READONLY #SQLITE_REINDEX
>>> #SQLITE_ROW
>>>> #SQLITE_SCHEMA #SQLITE_SELECT #SQLITE_STATIC #SQLITE_TEXT
>>> #SQLITE_TOOBIG
>>>> #SQLITE_TRANSACTION #SQLITE_TRANSIENT #SQLITE_UPDATE #SQLITE_UTF16
>>>> #SQLITE_UTF16BE #SQLITE_UTF16LE #SQLITE_UTF8 #SQLITE_VERSION
>>>> #SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER #_INC_STDARG #_SQLITE3_H_  
>>>> #_UINTPTR_T_DEFINED
>>>> #_VA_LIST_DEFINED #_W64 #__DATE__ #__FILE__ #__LINE__ #__STDC__
>>> #__TIME__)
>>>> ('structs' #Mem #__sqlite3 #__sqlite3_context #__sqlite3_stmt)
>>>> ('types' #sqlite3 #sqlite3_callback #sqlite3_context
>>> #sqlite3_stmt
>>>> #sqlite3_value #sqlite_int64 #sqlite_uint64 #uintptr_t #va_list)
>>>> ('variables' #sqlite3_temp_directory #sqlite3_temp_directory:
>>>> #sqlite3_version #sqlite3_version:)
>>>> ('macros' #va_arg:with: #va_end: #va_start:with: #_ADDRESSOF:
>>>> #_APALIGN:with: #_INTSIZEOF: #_SLOTSIZEOF:)
>>>> </organization>
>>>> </reorganize>
>>>>
>>>> <methods>
>>>> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface class</class-id>
>>>> <category>private</category>
>>>>
>>>> <body package="SQLite3EXDI"
>>>> selector="libraryFilesSearchSignals">libraryFilesSearchSignals
>>>> "This class is expected to provide a list of exceptions which
>>> should
>>>> be ignored
>>>> when the library is not found whilst searching for it under the
>>>> wrong platfrom name."
>>>>
>>>> ^UnixSystemSupport libraryFilesSearchSignals</body>
>>>> </methods>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> </st-source>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> vwnc mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc
>
> vwnc mailing list
> [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
|

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Carl,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Carl Gundel <[hidden email]> wrote:

all a specifier is is a filter.  If the specifier matches the platform ID string then the library will be searched for.  A.k.a. if the specifier doesn't match the platform id string he library won't be searched for.  It doesn't say anything about the file at all.  Its just a simple hack .  See ExternalLibraryHolder>>findFile:inDirectories:.

To know what the error means I'd pick over the VM source, find what function is being used to load the library and then read the doc on that.  One more reason why it would be really nice if these function calls were made from the image...

-Carl

> method.
>
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Carl

Reply | Threaded
|

Carl Gundel
Hi Eliot!  Will you be in Reno?

On Apr 24, 2008, at 3:11 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Carl Gundel <[hidden email]> wrote:

all a specifier is is a filter.  If the specifier matches the platform ID string then the library will be searched for.  A.k.a. if the specifier doesn't match the platform id string he library won't be searched for.  It doesn't say anything about the file at all.  Its just a simple hack .  See ExternalLibraryHolder>>findFile:inDirectories:.

Okay.

To know what the error means I'd pick over the VM source, find what function is being used to load the library and then read the doc on that.  One more reason why it would be really nice if these function calls were made from the image...

Oh yeah.  Well I guess I'm in a little over my depth when you say that, but if that's what it comes down to...  Is there anybody else up there?  ;-)

Thanks,

-Carl

> method.
>
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Carl

Reply | Threaded
|

Travis Griggs-3
In reply to this post by Carl Gundel
On Apr 24, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Carl Gundel wrote:

> Oh, just some more information.  I used the specifier [MacOSX] to
> specify my platform.  Is this wrong for Intel OS X?  Am I telling VW
> that this is a PowerPC library?

Carl, an alternate way to do this if you're on 7.6 is to use the  
External-Interface-Pragmas stuff. It's briefly mentioned on page 71 of  
the 7.6 Release Notes. Cairo and Pango bindings both use it. The  
ExternalWebBrowser package uses it to add a dll to the base win32  
library stuff.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist
"Dying men never wish they'd spent more time at the office"

Reply | Threaded
|

kobetic
In reply to this post by Carl Gundel
I've just published a new version of the SQLite3EXDI package with the following:

- added library entries for RedHat based distros,
  /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0 is the most generic link I can find in the sqlite package as it comes with Fedora 8. Package
sqlite-devel has a slightly more generic symlink (/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so) but I don't think we want to rely on the
development package to be installed

- also added library entries for Mac OSX as they were suggested by Adrian Boado on the mailing list, but I have yet to
test those

I left all the previous entries untouched, so they should work as before. I'm a bit concerned about the growing list of
the library directories, which is currently:

'.' '[win]$(windir)' '[win]$(windir)\system32' '[win]$(VISUALWORKS)\bin\win' '[linux]$(VISUALWORKS)/bin/linux86'
'[linux]/usr/local/lib' '[linux]/opt/local/lib' '[linux]/usr/lib' '[linux]/opt/lib' '[mac]/usr/local/lib' '[mac]/usr/lib'

On the other hand length of this list is unlikely to become a performance issues, so the only real concern could be its
maintainability. Anyway, I don't have any strong opinions, just thought I'd bring it up to see what others think.

I didn't make a branch since there doesn't seem to be much activity in that package at the moment, so it seemed
pointless. I hope the original author won't mind. I needed a new version because we want to start bundling it with our
internal Web Velocity builds. For Velocity we definitely need this working smoothly on at least Windows, Mac and Linux,
so I can certainly let you know about any issues we run into on those platforms.

Martin

Carl Gundel wrote:

> Oh, just some more information.  I used the specifier [MacOSX] to  
> specify my platform.  Is this wrong for Intel OS X?  Am I telling VW  
> that this is a PowerPC library?
>
> -Carl
>
> On Apr 24, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Carl Gundel wrote:
>
>> Okay, so I managed to get VW to find the sqlite3 file in /usr/bin/
>> sqlite3 however it fails with this error in the primLoadLibrary:  
>> method.
>>
>> a SystemError(#'generic error','NSObjectFileImageInappropriateFile')
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> -Carl
>>
>> On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Carl Gundel wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Boris.  I didn't find that, but I did find /usr/bin/sqlite3 by
>>> Googling a bit more.  Someone on a Ruby website has some sqlite3
>>> details.  http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite
>>>
>>> Strange that spotlight doesn't find it.  :-/
>>>
>>> Still, I need a copy of the library for PowerPC, and I'm wondering if
>>> I can just stick the library in my application directory or in a
>>> subdirectory.  I'll experiment.  I don't really want to depend on the
>>> file being available in a certain place, especially since sqlite is
>>> only recently preinstalled on OS X.
>>>
>>> It would be great if SQLite libraries would come with VisualWorks
>>> along with Smalltalk libraries, but perhaps this is outside the scope
>>> of VW.
>>>
>>> -Carl
>>>
>>> On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Boris Popov wrote:
>>>
>>>> locate libsqlite
>>>>
>>>> -Boris
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> +1.604.689.0322
>>>> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
>>>> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
>>>> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
>>>> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>>>>
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>
>>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>>>
>>>> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
>>>> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
>>>> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
>>>> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
>>>> attachments.
>>>>
>>>> Thank you.
>>>>
>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
>>>> Behalf
>>>>> Of Carl Gundel
>>>>> Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 12:05 PM
>>>>> To: VWNC
>>>>> Subject: Re: [vwnc] Is SQLite3EXDI cross platform?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks Martin,
>>>>>
>>>>> I guess I can probably adapt this for OS X (of course if anyone
>>>> already
>>>>> has done this I'd be grateful for the sources).  Trouble is I can't
>>>> even
>>>>> seem to get SQLite3 libraries downloaded and extracted.  This is
>>>> probably
>>>>> due to some fundamental misunderstandings on my part because I'm so
>>>> new to
>>>>> Unix.  I guess there is probably some way to use the SQLite that
>>>>> comes
>>>>> with OS X, but I'm guessing that in that case my application will
>>>>> need
>>>> to
>>>>> know where it is and what it is called. A spotlight search for
>>>>> sqlite
>>>>> didn't reveal much.
>>>>>
>>>>> So instead I tried downloading the binaries from sqlite.org.  I ran
>>>> into
>>>>> some issues.  Perhaps someone here knows what to do?
>>>>>
>>>>> 1) I downloaded sqlite3-3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz
>>>> <http://sqlite.org/sqlite3-
>>>>> 3_5_8-osx-x86.bin.gz>  from their site.  I tried to open it and I
>>>>> got
>>>>> another archive.  So I tried to open that.  I got another archive,
>>>>> and
>>>>> another.  ????  Clearly I am missing something important here.  I
>>>> located
>>>>> an older version on the net, and got the same sort of confusing
>>>> trouble.
>>>>> 2) If I do manage to extract the files, what do I do?  From what
>>>>> I've
>>>> been
>>>>> reading I need to "install" them into OS X.  Is this true, or can I
>>>> just
>>>>> put them into the directory where my VW exe is like I do with
>>>>> Windows?
>>>>>
>>>>> 3) Finally, there is the issue of binaries for the PowerPC which  
>>>>> are
>>>> not
>>>>> available at sqlite.org.  Does anyone here have those handy?
>>>>>
>>>>> -Carl Gundel
>>>>> http://www.runbasic.com
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Martin Kobetic wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I tested it on Fedora 8 briefly, I had to patch the XIF
>>>> definition
>>>>> because the .so is named differently. See the attached fileout. I
>>>> didn't
>>>>> get around talking to the maintainer and publishing it yet. But
>>>>> given
>>>> that
>>>>> SQLite seems to be preinstalled on most popular desktop OSes
>>>> (excluding
>>>>> Windows), we're seriously thinking about adding it as a goodie and
>>>>> possibly using SQLite as the default store repository for the
>>>> WebVelocity
>>>>> project.
>>>>>
>>>>> Martin
>>>>>
>>>>> Carl Gundel wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Is the SQLite3EXDI support in the public Store cross
>>>> platform,
>>>>> or just  for Windows?  Anyone here tried it on OS X or Linux?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> -Carl Gundel
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> vwnc mailing list
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>>>>
>>>>> <st-source>
>>>>> <time-stamp>From VisualWorks(r), 7.6 of February 1, 2008 on
>>>> February
>>>>> 5, 2008 at 4:29:08 pm</time-stamp>
>>>>> <!-- Package Changes for SQLite3EXDI(sqlite3-vw7.x-3,olaf)* -->
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> <class>
>>>>> <name>SQLite3Interface</name>
>>>>> <environment>Database</environment>
>>>>> <super>External.ExternalInterface</super>
>>>>> <private>false</private>
>>>>> <indexed-type>none</indexed-type>
>>>>> <inst-vars></inst-vars>
>>>>> <class-inst-vars></class-inst-vars>
>>>>> <imports>
>>>>> Database.SQLite3InterfaceDictionary.*
>>>>> </imports>
>>>>> <category>SQLiteEXDI</category>
>>>>> <attributes>
>>>>> <includeFiles></includeFiles>
>>>>> <includeDirectories></includeDirectories>
>>>>> <libraryFiles><item>[win]sqlite3.dll</item> <item>[linux]sqlite-
>>>>> 3.so</item> <item>[linux]libsqlite3.so.0</item></libraryFiles>
>>>>> <libraryDirectories><item>.</item> <item>[win]$(windir)</item>
>>>>> <item>[win]$(windir)\system32</item>
>>>>> <item>[win]$(VISUALWORKS)\bin\win</item>
>>>>> <item>[linux]$(VISUALWORKS)/bin/linux86</item>
>>>>> <item>[linux]/usr/local/lib</item> <item>[linux]/opt/local/lib</
>>>>> item>
>>>>> <item>[linux]/usr/lib</item>
>>>>> <item>[linux]/opt/lib</item></libraryDirectories>
>>>>> <beVirtual type="eval">true</beVirtual>
>>>>> <optimizationLevel type="sym">full</optimizationLevel>
>>>>> <package>SQLite3EXDI</package>
>>>>> </attributes>
>>>>> </class>
>>>>>
>>>>> <reorganize>
>>>>> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface</class-id>
>>>>> <organization>('procedures' #sqlite3_aggregate_context:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_aggregate_count: #sqlite3_bind_blob:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_bind_double:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_int64:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_bind_int:with:with: #sqlite3_bind_null:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_count: #sqlite3_bind_parameter_index:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_bind_parameter_name:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_bind_text16:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_bind_text:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_bind_value:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_busy_handler:with:with: #sqlite3_busy_timeout:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_changes: #sqlite3_clear_bindings: #sqlite3_close:
>>>>> #sqlite3_collation_needed16:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_collation_needed:with:with: #sqlite3_column_blob:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_column_bytes16:with: #sqlite3_column_bytes:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_column_count: #sqlite3_column_decltype16:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_column_decltype:with: #sqlite3_column_double:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_column_int64:with: #sqlite3_column_int:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_column_name16:with: #sqlite3_column_name:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_column_text16:with: #sqlite3_column_text:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_column_type:with: #sqlite3_commit_hook:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_complete16: #sqlite3_complete:
>>>>> #sqlite3_create_collation16:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_create_collation:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_create_function16:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_create_function:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_data_count: #sqlite3_db_handle: #sqlite3_errcode:
>>>>> #sqlite3_errmsg16: #sqlite3_errmsg:
>>>>> #sqlite3_exec:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_expired: #sqlite3_finalize: #sqlite3_free:
>>>> #sqlite3_free_table:
>>>>> #sqlite3_get_autocommit: #sqlite3_get_auxdata:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_get_table:with:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_global_recover:
>>>>> #sqlite3_interrupt: #sqlite3_key:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_last_insert_rowid:
>>>>> #sqlite3_libversion #sqlite3_libversion_number #sqlite3_mprintf:
>>>>> #sqlite3_open16:with: #sqlite3_open:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_prepare16:with:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_prepare:with:with:with:with: #sqlite3_profile:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_progress_handler:with:with:with: #sqlite3_rekey:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_reset: #sqlite3_result_blob:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_result_double:with: #sqlite3_result_error16:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_result_error:with:with: #sqlite3_result_int64:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_result_int:with: #sqlite3_result_null:
>>>>> #sqlite3_result_text16:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_result_text16be:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_result_text16le:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_result_text:with:with:with: #sqlite3_result_value:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_set_authorizer:with:with:
>>>> #sqlite3_set_auxdata:with:with:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_sleep: #sqlite3_snprintf: #sqlite3_step:
>>>> #sqlite3_total_changes:
>>>>> #sqlite3_trace:with:with: #sqlite3_transfer_bindings:with:
>>>>> #sqlite3_user_data: #sqlite3_value_blob: #sqlite3_value_bytes16:
>>>>> #sqlite3_value_bytes: #sqlite3_value_double: #sqlite3_value_int64:
>>>>> #sqlite3_value_int: #sqlite3_value_text16: #sqlite3_value_text16be:
>>>>> #sqlite3_value_text16le: #sqlite3_value_text: #sqlite3_value_type:
>>>>> #sqlite3_vmprintf:with:)
>>>>> ('defines' #SQLITE3_TEXT #SQLITE_ABORT #SQLITE_ALTER_TABLE
>>>>> #SQLITE_ANALYZE #SQLITE_ANY #SQLITE_ATTACH #SQLITE_AUTH  
>>>>> #SQLITE_BLOB
>>>>> #SQLITE_BUSY #SQLITE_CANTOPEN #SQLITE_CONSTRAINT #SQLITE_COPY
>>>>> #SQLITE_CORRUPT #SQLITE_CREATE_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TABLE
>>>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE
>>>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_TEMP_VIEW
>>>>> #SQLITE_CREATE_TRIGGER #SQLITE_CREATE_VIEW #SQLITE_DELETE
>>>>> #SQLITE_DENY
>>>>> #SQLITE_DETACH #SQLITE_DONE #SQLITE_DROP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TABLE
>>>>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_INDEX #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TABLE
>>>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_TRIGGER
>>>>> #SQLITE_DROP_TEMP_VIEW #SQLITE_DROP_TRIGGER #SQLITE_DROP_VIEW
>>>>> #SQLITE_EMPTY #SQLITE_ERROR #SQLITE_FLOAT #SQLITE_FORMAT
>>>>> #SQLITE_FULL
>>>>> #SQLITE_IGNORE #SQLITE_INSERT #SQLITE_INTEGER #SQLITE_INTERNAL
>>>>> #SQLITE_INTERRUPT #SQLITE_IOERR #SQLITE_LOCKED #SQLITE_MISMATCH
>>>>> #SQLITE_MISUSE #SQLITE_NOLFS #SQLITE_NOMEM #SQLITE_NOTADB
>>>> #SQLITE_NOTFOUND
>>>>> #SQLITE_NULL #SQLITE_OK #SQLITE_PERM #SQLITE_PRAGMA  
>>>>> #SQLITE_PROTOCOL
>>>>> #SQLITE_RANGE #SQLITE_READ #SQLITE_READONLY #SQLITE_REINDEX
>>>> #SQLITE_ROW
>>>>> #SQLITE_SCHEMA #SQLITE_SELECT #SQLITE_STATIC #SQLITE_TEXT
>>>> #SQLITE_TOOBIG
>>>>> #SQLITE_TRANSACTION #SQLITE_TRANSIENT #SQLITE_UPDATE #SQLITE_UTF16
>>>>> #SQLITE_UTF16BE #SQLITE_UTF16LE #SQLITE_UTF8 #SQLITE_VERSION
>>>>> #SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER #_INC_STDARG #_SQLITE3_H_  
>>>>> #_UINTPTR_T_DEFINED
>>>>> #_VA_LIST_DEFINED #_W64 #__DATE__ #__FILE__ #__LINE__ #__STDC__
>>>> #__TIME__)
>>>>> ('structs' #Mem #__sqlite3 #__sqlite3_context #__sqlite3_stmt)
>>>>> ('types' #sqlite3 #sqlite3_callback #sqlite3_context
>>>> #sqlite3_stmt
>>>>> #sqlite3_value #sqlite_int64 #sqlite_uint64 #uintptr_t #va_list)
>>>>> ('variables' #sqlite3_temp_directory #sqlite3_temp_directory:
>>>>> #sqlite3_version #sqlite3_version:)
>>>>> ('macros' #va_arg:with: #va_end: #va_start:with: #_ADDRESSOF:
>>>>> #_APALIGN:with: #_INTSIZEOF: #_SLOTSIZEOF:)
>>>>> </organization>
>>>>> </reorganize>
>>>>>
>>>>> <methods>
>>>>> <class-id>Database.SQLite3Interface class</class-id>
>>>>> <category>private</category>
>>>>>
>>>>> <body package="SQLite3EXDI"
>>>>> selector="libraryFilesSearchSignals">libraryFilesSearchSignals
>>>>> "This class is expected to provide a list of exceptions which
>>>> should
>>>>> be ignored