[vwnc] Window Maximize?

Emiliano Pérez-3
Hi List, is there any cross-platform way to maximize a window?
Found expand and collapse (restore and minimize) but no maximize.

Sorry if this is already answered in the list, seen other post asking
this but no reply. Maybe i couldn´t find the correct one.

Thanks in advance, Emiliano.

Re: [vwnc] Window Maximize?

Reinout Heeck

On Oct 14, 2008, at 11:04 PM, Emiliano Pérez wrote:

> Hi List, is there any cross-platform way to maximize a window?
> Found expand and collapse (restore and minimize) but no maximize.

AFAIK the Mac does not have the concept of a maximized window, I guess
you will need to simulate it on the Mac if you want to do this in a
cross-platform manner.

-

Re: [vwnc] Window Maximize?

Emiliano Pérez-3
Probably, but not so interested in Mac. Over here (Argentina) they are
not that common. I´m mostly thinking on Windows and Linux.
Although not familiarized with mac, i think they usually don't have
taskbars (the dock bar usually stays in the back), so it would be too
difficult to simulate the maximize behavior.
Is there at least any workarround to substract the toolbars and window
borders sizes for a manual resize?

Thanks, Emiliano.

Reinout Heeck escribió:

> On Oct 14, 2008, at 11:04 PM, Emiliano Pérez wrote:
>

>> Hi List, is there any cross-platform way to maximize a window?
>> Found expand and collapse (restore and minimize) but no maximize.
>>

> AFAIK the Mac does not have the concept of a maximized window, I guess
> you will need to simulate it on the Mac if you want to do this in a
> cross-platform manner.

> -

Re: [vwnc] Window Maximize?

Reinout Heeck
Emiliano Pérez wrote:

> Is there at least any workarround to substract the toolbars and window
> borders sizes for a manual resize?

myWindow setDisplayBox:
   (myWindow screenCenteredRectangle: SmallInteger maxVal asPoint)

-

Re: [vwnc] Window Maximize?

Emiliano Pérez-3
This eventually uses #insetForTaskbar: aRectangle to substract the task
bar size, i´ve been playing with this method but didn´t succed...
Tried your solution in windows with different bars/borders, works like a
charm.
Although its not an actual maximize (leaves the window borders) it´s a
fair enough simulation. I guess the true maximize would need a S.O. call.
Will test in linux but from what i see, most likely it will work too.

Thanks a lot for the tip! Emiliano.

Reinout Heeck escribió:

> Emiliano Pérez wrote:
>

>> Is there at least any workarround to substract the toolbars and window
>> borders sizes for a manual resize?
>>

> myWindow setDisplayBox:
>    (myWindow screenCenteredRectangle: SmallInteger maxVal asPoint)

> -

Re: [vwnc] Window Maximize?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
If you want true maximize/minimize on Windows then something like this should do the trick,

win := VisualLauncher allInstances any builder window windowHandle.
Win32SystemSupport new
        ShowWindow: win
        with: Win32SystemSupport new SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED.
Win32SystemSupport new
        ShowWindow: win
        with: Win32SystemSupport new SW_SHOWMINIMIZED.
Win32SystemSupport new
        ShowWindow: win
        with: Win32SystemSupport new SW_SHOWNORMAL.

See attached.

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email is intended only for the persons named in the message header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete the entire message including any attachments.

Thank you.

Reinout Heeck escribió:

> Emiliano Pérez wrote:
>

>> Is there at least any workarround to substract the toolbars and window
>> borders sizes for a manual resize?
>>

> myWindow setDisplayBox:
>    (myWindow screenCenteredRectangle: SmallInteger maxVal asPoint)

> -

Win32SystemSupport-maximize.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [vwnc] Window Maximize?

Travis Griggs-3
On Oct 15, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Boris Popov wrote:

> If you want true maximize/minimize on Windows then something like
> this should do the trick,
>
> win := VisualLauncher allInstances any builder window windowHandle.
> Win32SystemSupport new
> ShowWindow: win
> with: Win32SystemSupport new SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED.
> Win32SystemSupport new
> ShowWindow: win
> with: Win32SystemSupport new SW_SHOWMINIMIZED.
> Win32SystemSupport new
> ShowWindow: win
> with: Win32SystemSupport new SW_SHOWNORMAL.

Does anyone want to cobble the X11 variant together?

I'd be fine putting this in if it could be done for X11 as well.

Apple does not have maximize. They have the zoom: state. Which is not
quite the same thing. I'd be fine putting in Image level DLLCC hooks
to drive this as well. Curious if the two should be rationalized
together. Or just two separate APIs, one that works on OSX and no ops
(or unsupported error) on others, and vice versa for the maximize/
minimize stuff.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist