[vwnc] a window in a window

BREITH Karl-Albert (AREVA)
a window in a window

I have two ApplicationModels. Now I want to have the first one as a part of the second one.
I am building the second one (and opening), the first one I am building without opening it.
Now I add all components from the first one to the second one by a loop like:
   subBuilder composite components do: [:each |
         (builder componentAt: #testSubcanvas) widget add: each].

The result: I have the first window displayed as part of the second. Fine. Controllers in the first
window are working well. BUT no keystroke is successfull. I assume somehow the keyboardProcessor
in the first window (which is now added to the second one) is lost or the wrong one.
But also commands like:
subBuilder window controller keyboardProcessor: builder window controller keyboardProcessor.
don't help.

Has anyone a good idea ?

Karl

Karl Breith
AREVA NP GmbH
FDWN-G

Postfach 1109
91001 Erlangen

Phone:   +49 (0) 9131 900 5544
Fax:     +49 (0) 9131 900 4081
mail to:  [hidden email]
An AREVA and Siemens company

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Olivier Wantz - Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Gräber, Christian Hillrichs, Rüdiger Steuerlein
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erlangen - Registergericht: Fürth,
HRB 7817 - Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE 206407096 - www.areva-np.com
Supervisory Board Chairman: Olivier Wantz - Managing Directors: Ulrich Gräber,Christian Hillrichs, Rüdiger Steuerlein
Company Seat: Erlangen - Commercial Registries Fürth, HRB 7817 -
www.areva-np.com - VAT ID code: DE 206407096
Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse bzw. sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

Important Note: This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: [vwnc] a window in a window

Emiliano Pérez-3
I have a similar problem, in my case i included an app in my subcanvas like this:

  (self builder componentAt: #subCanvas1) widget client: self subApplication.

the thing is that the subApp lost its dragndrop capabilities because the subApp buider has window in nil. I´ve tried something like this:

  (self builder componentAt: #subCanvas1) widget client: self subApplication.
        self subApplication builder window: self builder window.

In this case the dragndrop works fine but it kinda messess up my keyboard controler. I´ll explain myself: - the main app is a code tool and when i go back to the source tab, the keyboard stays focused in the RB navigator (top part), hence you cant edit any code until you open a new RB. I think that my subApp is using a controller that it should not.

If your app is in a regular window (at least not a code tool) the "builder window: self builder window" trick may work for you. I still think this is a hack though, and there has to be a better way to solve this.

HIH, Emiliano.