[vwnc] decreased animation performance after installing Mac Snow

[vwnc] decreased animation performance after installing Mac Snow

Ernest Micklei
Hi,

In the last few days, I was working on some computer game in vw76nc
that renders a simple animation.

Yesterday I decided to upgrade the OS of my Mac to Snow. After an hour
the machine was up and running again and I resumed my graphics work.
Then I noticed that the performance had dropped. Huh? how can this happen.
As a test I started a clean image and ran the Xonix game (loaded from
the Toys section in the Parcel Manager). It wasn't that smooth
anymore.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

It is hard to tell what part of the execution is taken more time than
it used to. Maybe some benchmarking will help.

--
^ Ernest Micklei

Re: [vwnc] decreased animation performance after installing Mac Snow

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
This is with VW7.6 or 7.7?

Michael

Ernest Micklei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the last few days, I was working on some computer game in vw76nc
> that renders a simple animation.
>
> Yesterday I decided to upgrade the OS of my Mac to Snow. After an hour
> the machine was up and running again and I resumed my graphics work.
> Then I noticed that the performance had dropped. Huh? how can this happen.
> As a test I started a clean image and ran the Xonix game (loaded from
> the Toys section in the Parcel Manager). It wasn't that smooth
> anymore.
>
> Is anybody else experiencing this?
>
> It is hard to tell what part of the execution is taken more time than
> it used to. Maybe some benchmarking will help.

Re: [vwnc] decreased animation performance after installing Mac Snow

Steven Kelly
First line says vw76nc

Good point. The graphics subsystems in 7.7 have changed dramatically.

Cheers,
Michael