[vwnc] drag and drop on Mac OS X

Rob Vens-2
Any pointers on how to implement/use drag and drop in Mac OS X are appreciated

Re: [vwnc] drag and drop on Mac OS X

Roland Wagener
Hi Rob,

the only support for Drag&Drop possible afaik is by using the
MacOSXExtra-Parcel, and the contained hints about the OpenDocument-Event
support. That is, dragging a document onto the VM-Icon will trigger this
mechanism, no matter if the application is running or not. The
implementation is just giving hints, you have to do an appropriate
adaptation for your application.

You probably think of drag&drop between Mac-application windows and
VW-windows? I think only Andre Schnoor could probably have developed
something for this. I am not sure if it can be supported by filtering
UnknownEvents for special events triggered in such cases, but I seem to
remember that some kind of delegate object was needed to do this. We at
Heeg did not finish an ObjectiveC-Connect to support that.

Greetings from Dortmund

Roland Wagener
--
Roland Wagener * Senior Consultant * [hidden email]
Tel: x49-231-9 75 99-26   Fax: x49-231-9 75 99-20