[vwnc] executable generation

Sylvain pralon
Hello,

I used the runtime packager on my image because I need an executable.
After I follow all the information in the "packaging" folder of the visualworks installation folder to generate an executable file from my image.
Everything works fine. But when I launch my executable file I have a smalltalk error :

"Unhandled exception: The identifier VisualWave.WebSettingsDomain has no binding"

and after the application terminated automatically with the creation of error.log file.

Can anyone help me, it's really important for me to use this executable.

Thanks

Sylvain

Re: [vwnc] executable generation

Joachim Geidel
Sylvain,

The problem is not related to building the executable. The problem was
already in the VW image itself before you merged it into one file with the
VM.

One possibility is that the Runtime Packager has removed a class or shared
variable which your application needs. Check the Application Developer's
Guide for instructions on how to avoid this (chapter "Application Delivery",
section "Customizing Detected References").

Another possibility is that you didn't load the package containing
VisualWave.WebSettingsDomain before building the runtime, maybe because it
is not in the prerequisite chain of your own bundles/packages. In this case,
check the image for undeclared variables before stripping, and try to
identify what's missing. It might somehow be related to VisualWave. ;-)

HTH,
Joachim