walkback getting unimplemented methods

Eric Winger
Using Community Edition 6.0.2, I get this walkback from a straight
Community Edition.img.

 From Package Browser>>Browse>>Unimplemented Messages.

Looks like PackageEnvironment>>includesSelector:in: is sending
#methodFor: which is not implemented in my image.

What is an unimplemented method anyway? thx. I couldn't find any help on
it.

Eric

11:53:50 AM, Saturday, August 19, 2006: 'Object class does not
understand #methodFor:'
Object class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
PackageEnvironment>>includesSelector:in:
[] in PluggableEnvironment>>selectorsForClass:do:
MethodDictionary(LookupTable)>>keysAndValuesDo:
Object class(Behavior)>>selectorsAndMethodsDo:
PluggableEnvironment>>selectorsForClass:do:
[] in PluggableEnvironment>>classesAndSelectorsDo:
[] in SystemDictionary>>allBehaviorsDo:
OrderedCollection>>do:
SystemDictionary>>allBehaviorsDo:
PluggableEnvironment(BrowserEnvironment)>>allClassesDo:
PluggableEnvironment>>classesAndSelectorsDo:
PluggableEnvironment(BrowserEnvironment)>>methodsDo:
PluggableEnvironment(BrowserEnvironment)>>allMethods
[] in MethodBrowser>>methods:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
MethodBrowser>>methods:
MethodExplorerShell>>onTreeSelectionChanged
EventMessageSend>>forwardTo:withArguments:
EventMessageSend>>value
[] in MessageSequenceAbstract>>value
EventMessageSequence>>messagesDo:
EventMessageSequence(MessageSequenceAbstract)>>value
EventsCollection>>triggerEvent:
TreePresenter(Object)>>trigger:
TreeView(ListControlView)>>onSelectionChanged
TreePresenter(SelectableItemsPresenter)>>onSelectionChanged
TreeView(ListControlView)>>onSelChanged:
TreeView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmSelChanged:
TreeView>>nmNotify:
SlidingCardTray(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
SlidingCardTray(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
TreeView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
TreeView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
TreeView(View)>>sendMessage:wParam:lParam:
TreeView>>setSingleSelection:
TreeView>>selectionByIndex:ifAbsent:
TreeView>>selection:ifAbsent:
TreePresenter(SelectableItemsPresenter)>>selection:
MethodExplorerShell>>browseMethodsInEnvironments:

Re: walkback getting unimplemented methods

Eric Winger
Just had someone with the Professional Edition show me what the menu
option does when it works. Looks like #methodFor: is a refactoring
browser method. I might suggest pulling out the menu option for the
community edition, rather than have it walkback.

And yes, an unimplemented method, ie - a send of a non-implemented
selector, is clear now.

fyi

Eric