walkback in session start?

john cummings
hi all,

i'm working my way to become more familiar with seaside on dolphin
(seaside v3.0). i have successfully completed the todo app. now i have
started my own app using the todo app as a guide.

i am getting walkback (see below) in the session start. i have set my
app up similar to the todo. one thing i do notice is that when i go
back into seaside config the root class says "a JCBYCBi..." rather
than "JCBYCBi...", which seems to say an INSTANCE is in config rather
than a CLASS.

any help welcome,

john

decoration
        ^ decoration contents   <== decoration isNil

addDecoration: aDecoration
        "Add aDecoration to the receivers decoration chain. Answer the added
decoration."

        | previous current |
        previous := nil.
        current := self decoration.
        [ current ~~ self and: [ self decoration: current shouldWrap:
aDecoration ] ] whileTrue: [
                previous := current.
                current := current next ].
        aDecoration setNext: current.
        previous isNil
                ifTrue: [ self decoration: aDecoration ]
                ifFalse: [ previous setNext: aDecoration ].
        ^ aDecoration

createRoot
        ^ self rootDecorationClasses
                inject: self rootClass new
                into: [ :component :decorationClass |
                        component
                                addDecoration: decorationClass new;
                                yourself ]

Re: walkback in session start?

Max Leske
Hi John,

It doesn't seem like you ever got an answer to your question. Is it still something you need help with? If so, please reply and I'll take a closer look.

Cheers,
Max