what about putting RBengine in pharo1.2 core?

what about putting RBengine in pharo1.2 core?

Stéphane Ducasse
marcus like that we do not have to load it all the time.
I could esaily update scriptloader to make sure that we do not save these packages.

Re: what about putting RBengine in pharo1.2 core?

Lukas Renggli
I wouldn't pre-load it. There is really no point for many deployed
applications to have it in there.

Lukas

On 27 August 2010 13:33, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> marcus like that we do not have to load it all the time.
> I could esaily update scriptloader to make sure that we do not save these packages.
>
> Stef

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: what about putting RBengine in pharo1.2 core?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I wouldn't pre-load it. There is really no point for many deployed
applications to have it in there.

You can unload it in #cleanUpForRelease or #cleanUpForProduction.
But I wouldn't pre-load it neither i think (I am not sure)

Lukas

On 27 August 2010 13:33, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> marcus like that we do not have to load it all the time.
> I could esaily update scriptloader to make sure that we do not save these packages.
>
> Stef

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: what about putting RBengine in pharo1.2 core?

sure

this is just that during the unstable phase we need better tools. We want to run SmallLint.
The problem is that generate a new image every 20 min when I integrate and I do not want to spend my time load ob and rb.
After we will unload it.
And yes I should work on a configuration of pharo and rebuild the scriptloader infrastructure on it :(

Stef

On Aug 27, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I wouldn't pre-load it. There is really no point for many deployed
> applications to have it in there.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 27 August 2010 13:33, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> marcus like that we do not have to load it all the time.
>> I could esaily update scriptloader to make sure that we do not save these packages.
>>
>> Stef

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: what about putting RBengine in pharo1.2 core?

laurent laffont
On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
sure

this is just that during the unstable phase we need better tools. We want to run SmallLint.
The problem is that generate a new image every 20 min when I integrate and I do not want to spend my time load ob and rb.

Hudson isn't your friend for this ?

Laurent

After we will unload it.
And yes I should work on a configuration of pharo and rebuild the scriptloader infrastructure on it :(

Stef

On Aug 27, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I wouldn't pre-load it. There is really no point for many deployed
> applications to have it in there.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 27 August 2010 13:33, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> marcus like that we do not have to load it all the time.
>> I could esaily update scriptloader to make sure that we do not save these packages.
>>
>> Stef

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: what about putting RBengine in pharo1.2 core?

Stéphane Ducasse

> Hudson isn't your friend for this ?

no when I batch fixes I cannot wait for something that start and can take 15 min.
I prefer to update often to separate commit for tracebility so speed in making new image is important.
It is already so slow.