what are the meaning of ? and + in http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/mse

Stéphane Ducasse
* = 0, 1 or many

now what means ? and +
+ = 1 or many
? optional ?

what is the standard used to describe the grammar?

Re: what are the meaning of ? and + in http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/mse

Stéphane Ducasse
        • ? : which means that the symbol (or group of symbols in parenthesis) to the left of the operator is optional (it can appear zero or one times)
        • * : which means that something can be repeated any number of times (and possibly be skipped altogether)
        • + : which means that something can appear one or more times

doru can you add that to the moose web site?
I will add that to the document I'm writing.

On Oct 31, 2011, at 10:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> * = 0, 1 or many
>
> now what means ? and +
> + = 1 or many
> ? optional ?
>
> what is the standard used to describe the grammar?
>
> Stef

Re: what are the meaning of ? and + in http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/mse

Tudor Girba-2
Done.

Doru

On 31 Oct 2011, at 22:36, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> • ? : which means that the symbol (or group of symbols in parenthesis) to the left of the operator is optional (it can appear zero or one times)
> • * : which means that something can be repeated any number of times (and possibly be skipped altogether)
> • + : which means that something can appear one or more times
>
> doru can you add that to the moose web site?
> I will add that to the document I'm writing.
>
> On Oct 31, 2011, at 10:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> * = 0, 1 or many
>>
>> now what means ? and +
>> + = 1 or many
>> ? optional ?
>>
>> what is the standard used to describe the grammar?
>>
>> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."