what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

Lukas will not maintain OB for Pharo 1.2 and personnally I will not do it because I do not have the knowledge and the time.
So now this is time to know what do we do for OmniBrowser. I have all my ears open.

The first step I would do
        - host OB for 1.1 in a repository where we have write access.
        - create a configurationOf for OB and save it there

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

EstebanLM
I think we need to move OB outside lukas domain. Sadly, lukas now does not have time to do all that wonderful work we are used :(
That means we (the community) need some guys to step into, and maintain the packages ourselves. I'm not jumping my self because right now I have more tasks than I can handle, but maybe some one can do it.

Lukas, can you provide a list of tasks you see we need to do for getting OB working with 1.2? (I dunno if they are on the tracker, if that's the case, I'm sorry :) )

best,
Esteban

El 31/01/2011, a las 5:03p.m., Stéphane Ducasse escribió:

> Hi guys
>
> Lukas will not maintain OB for Pharo 1.2 and personnally I will not do it because I do not have the knowledge and the time.
> So now this is time to know what do we do for OmniBrowser. I have all my ears open.
>

> The first step I would do
> - host OB for 1.1 in a repository where we have write access.
> - create a configurationOf for OB and save it there
>

> Stef

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Stéphane Ducasse
I know.
I'm doing a lot too.
I believe that a good infrastructure will help us.
This is why I believe that we need metacellorepositories.

Stef

On Jan 31, 2011, at 9:16 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> I think we need to move OB outside lukas domain. Sadly, lukas now does not have time to do all that wonderful work we are used :(
> That means we (the community) need some guys to step into, and maintain the packages ourselves. I'm not jumping my self because right now I have more tasks than I can handle, but maybe some one can do it.
>
> Lukas, can you provide a list of tasks you see we need to do for getting OB working with 1.2? (I dunno if they are on the tracker, if that's the case, I'm sorry :) )
>
> best,
> Esteban
>
> El 31/01/2011, a las 5:03p.m., Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> Lukas will not maintain OB for Pharo 1.2 and personnally I will not do it because I do not have the knowledge and the time.
>> So now this is time to know what do we do for OmniBrowser. I have all my ears open.
>>

>> The first step I would do
>> - host OB for 1.1 in a repository where we have write access.
>> - create a configurationOf for OB and save it there
>>

>> Stef

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Ok so far no reaction.
So may be we should remove OB from 1.2 dev?

Stef

> Lukas will not maintain OB for Pharo 1.2 and personnally I will not do it because I do not have the knowledge and the time.
> So now this is time to know what do we do for OmniBrowser. I have all my ears open.
>

> The first step I would do
> - host OB for 1.1 in a repository where we have write access.
> - create a configurationOf for OB and save it there
>

> Stef

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

hernanmd
Just to give some feedback because I mostly use the core image. OB is
one of our most valuable tools, it would be a pity if cannot be
integrated.
I could help mantaining but not alone, I'm sick of programming in isolation.

Hernán

2011/2/2 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Ok so far no reaction.
> So may be we should remove OB from 1.2 dev?
>
> Stef
>

>> Lukas will not maintain OB for Pharo 1.2 and personnally I will not do it because I do not have the knowledge and the time.
>> So now this is time to know what do we do for OmniBrowser. I have all my ears open.
>>

>> The first step I would do
>>       - host OB for 1.1 in a repository where we have write access.
>>       - create a configurationOf for OB and save it there
>>

>> Stef

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Dmitri Zagidulin
I agree with Hernán. OB is incredibly valuable, and I was delighted to
see that it was included out of the box in 1.2 (when switching to
Pharo from Squeak). We cannot let it slide or remove it (btw, I still
can't believe we as a community let SeasideTesting be broken in 1.2).

Hernán -- I would love to offer any sort of help maintaining it. I
don't know much about GUI/Morphic coding, though of course I'd like to
learn. But I would definitely be willing to help test it, etc.

~Dmitri

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Hernán Morales Durand
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just to give some feedback because I mostly use the core image. OB is
> one of our most valuable tools, it would be a pity if cannot be
> integrated.
> I could help mantaining but not alone, I'm sick of programming in isolation.
>
> Hernán
>
> 2011/2/2 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> Ok so far no reaction.
>> So may be we should remove OB from 1.2 dev?
>>
>> Stef
>>

>>> Lukas will not maintain OB for Pharo 1.2 and personnally I will not do it because I do not have the knowledge and the time.
>>> So now this is time to know what do we do for OmniBrowser. I have all my ears open.
>>>

>>> The first step I would do
>>>       - host OB for 1.1 in a repository where we have write access.
>>>       - create a configurationOf for OB and save it there
>>>

>>> Stef

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok guys here is what I suggest:

        - create a PharoOB or something like that
        - push using gofer all the code from lukas repository
        - check the configuration for 1.1
        - check the configuration for 1.2
        - there are some fixes we can integrate but we should make sure that the tests are always green.

Stef

> I agree with Hernán. OB is incredibly valuable, and I was delighted to
> see that it was included out of the box in 1.2 (when switching to
> Pharo from Squeak). We cannot let it slide or remove it (btw, I still
> can't believe we as a community let SeasideTesting be broken in 1.2).
>
> Hernán -- I would love to offer any sort of help maintaining it. I
> don't know much about GUI/Morphic coding, though of course I'd like to
> learn. But I would definitely be willing to help test it, etc.
>
> ~Dmitri
>
> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Hernán Morales Durand
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Just to give some feedback because I mostly use the core image. OB is
>> one of our most valuable tools, it would be a pity if cannot be
>> integrated.
>> I could help mantaining but not alone, I'm sick of programming in isolation.
>>
>> Hernán
>>
>> 2011/2/2 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>>> Ok so far no reaction.
>>> So may be we should remove OB from 1.2 dev?
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Johan Brichau-2
I want to use OB in 1.2 and that means I'm in for contributing as well.
I just started trying 1.2-dev in the last couple of days and it seems not so many things are failing with OB? Am I wrong? 4 tests are failing in the image and there seems to be very few issues on the Pharo tracker about (most of them have a proposed fix).

On 02 Feb 2011, at 15:57, Dmitri Zagidulin wrote:

> (btw, I still
> can't believe we as a community let SeasideTesting be broken in 1.2).

Well, I just tested it in 1.2 for the first time and it works.... If something doesn't work for you, please send an email on the seaside mailinglist. I am actively using and maintaining SeasideTesting (whenever possible) and willing to help out if people experience problems. Mind that the external browser testing is a new feature that David included in his new version in VisualWorks but which I did not port to Pharo/Squeak (yet). However, the traditional simulated browser testing is working. We have over 300 tests in our application that use seaside testing.

cheers,
Johan

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Igor Stasenko
On 2 February 2011 08:24, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok so far no reaction.
> So may be we should remove OB from 1.2 dev?

no.
I can help fixing it.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Guillermo Polito

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok guys here is what I suggest:

       - create a PharoOB or something like that

You ask for it, you have it:
http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoOB
Respository with licence MIT, global Read and Write access.

       - push using gofer all the code from lukas repository
       - check the configuration for 1.1
       - check the configuration for 1.2

We have the configs already in MetacelloRepository.  We should move them to the new repo to have everything together.

       - there are some fixes we can integrate but we should make sure that the tests are always green.

I'm integrating already the fixes into PharoTaskForces.  If I have some tome tomorrow I'll push OB from Lukas repo to PharoOB and merge.

Guille :)

Stef

> I agree with Hernán. OB is incredibly valuable, and I was delighted to
> see that it was included out of the box in 1.2 (when switching to
> Pharo from Squeak). We cannot let it slide or remove it (btw, I still
> can't believe we as a community let SeasideTesting be broken in 1.2).
>
> Hernán -- I would love to offer any sort of help maintaining it. I
> don't know much about GUI/Morphic coding, though of course I'd like to
> learn. But I would definitely be willing to help test it, etc.
>
> ~Dmitri
>
> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Hernán Morales Durand
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Just to give some feedback because I mostly use the core image. OB is
>> one of our most valuable tools, it would be a pity if cannot be
>> integrated.
>> I could help mantaining but not alone, I'm sick of programming in isolation.
>>
>> Hernán
>>
>> 2011/2/2 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>>> Ok so far no reaction.
>>> So may be we should remove OB from 1.2 dev?
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent!
Tx a lot!!!!!!!

Stef
(I'm loading keymapping :)

On Feb 3, 2011, at 4:13 AM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok guys here is what I suggest:
>
>        - create a PharoOB or something like that
>
> You ask for it, you have it:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoOB
> Respository with licence MIT, global Read and Write access.
>
>        - push using gofer all the code from lukas repository
>        - check the configuration for 1.1
>        - check the configuration for 1.2
>
> We have the configs already in MetacelloRepository.  We should move them to the new repo to have everything together.
>
>        - there are some fixes we can integrate but we should make sure that the tests are always green.
>
> I'm integrating already the fixes into PharoTaskForces.  If I have some tome tomorrow I'll push OB from Lukas repo to PharoOB and merge.
>
> Guille :)
>

> Stef
>
> > I agree with Hernán. OB is incredibly valuable, and I was delighted to
> > see that it was included out of the box in 1.2 (when switching to
> > Pharo from Squeak). We cannot let it slide or remove it (btw, I still
> > can't believe we as a community let SeasideTesting be broken in 1.2).
> >
> > Hernán -- I would love to offer any sort of help maintaining it. I
> > don't know much about GUI/Morphic coding, though of course I'd like to
> > learn. But I would definitely be willing to help test it, etc.
> >
> > ~Dmitri
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Hernán Morales Durand
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Just to give some feedback because I mostly use the core image. OB is
> >> one of our most valuable tools, it would be a pity if cannot be
> >> integrated.
> >> I could help mantaining but not alone, I'm sick of programming in isolation.
> >>
> >> Hernán

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Dmitri Zagidulin
Ah, excellent! I was just surprised to see it missing from the Seaside
one-click 1.2 pharo image out of the box (since, if I recall
correctly, it was there in Squeak and in previous Pharo builds). Since
it seems like a key piece of functionality. And I couldn't figure out
how to install it, and I saw a recent email thread on this list saying
that it was broken, so I gave up on it for a while.
But, I will try it again!

2011/2/3 Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Ok guys here is what I suggest:
>>
>>        - create a PharoOB or something like that
>
> You ask for it, you have it:
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoOB
>
> Respository with licence MIT, global Read and Write access.
>

>>        - push using gofer all the code from lukas repository
>>
>>        - check the configuration for 1.1
>>
>>        - check the configuration for 1.2
>
> We have the configs already in MetacelloRepository.  We should move them to
> the new repo to have everything together.
>

>>        - there are some fixes we can integrate but we should make sure
>> that the tests are always green.
>
> I'm integrating already the fixes into PharoTaskForces.  If I have some tome
> tomorrow I'll push OB from Lukas repo to PharoOB and merge.

Which one are you using?

http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob21.html

http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser.html

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Stéphane Ducasse
Good merge everything in PharoOB
for 1.2 I fix a problem with class comment. The fix is in the bugtracker on pahro12.dev
But I forgot to run the tests

On Feb 3, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> 2011/2/3 Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]>:
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok guys here is what I suggest:
>>>
>>>        - create a PharoOB or something like that
>>
>> You ask for it, you have it:
>>
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoOB
>>
>> Respository with licence MIT, global Read and Write access.
>>

>>>        - push using gofer all the code from lukas repository
>>>
>>>        - check the configuration for 1.1
>>>
>>>        - check the configuration for 1.2
>>
>> We have the configs already in MetacelloRepository.  We should move them to
>> the new repo to have everything together.
>>

>>>        - there are some fixes we can integrate but we should make sure
>>> that the tests are always green.
>>
>> I'm integrating already the fixes into PharoTaskForces.  If I have some tome
>> tomorrow I'll push OB from Lukas repo to PharoOB and merge.
>>

> Which one are you using?
>
> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob21.html
>
> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser.html

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 03 Feb 2011, at 16:01, Dmitri Zagidulin wrote:

> the Seaside one-click 1.2 pharo image

Where does one find such a beast ??

TIA,

Sven

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

Dmitri Zagidulin
Aha! Apparently, in my confused mind.
So no, I meant in the Seaside one-click 1.1 pharo image. Which does
not come pre-loaded with SeasideTesting. But it /used/ to, in previous
versions of Pharo? Or am I mis-remembering?

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03 Feb 2011, at 16:01, Dmitri Zagidulin wrote:
>
>> the Seaside one-click 1.2 pharo image
>
> Where does one find such a beast ??
>
> TIA,
>
> Sven

Re: what do we do for OmniBrowser?

hernanmd
Guillermo please tell us which code base you are using otherwise OB
will continue to be one-man show.