what happened with select:thenDo: etc. removal?

what happened with select:thenDo: etc. removal?

EstebanLM
Hi,
I don't remember the conclusion of the discussion about removing
select:thenDo:, collect:thenDo: etc...
They will be removed or they will stay as part of pharo core?

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: what happened with select:thenDo: etc. removal?

EstebanLM
An explanation: I'm not asking for a removal, I want they to stay...
but I remember there were a discussion, so I want to know the
conclussion of that discussion (to use it or not, in the future).

On 2010-02-01 12:48:47 -0300, Esteban Lorenzano
<[hidden email]> said:

> Hi,
> I don't remember the conclusion of the discussion about removing
> select:thenDo:, collect:thenDo: etc...
> They will be removed or they will stay as part of pharo core?
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Re: what happened with select:thenDo: etc. removal?

Stéphane Ducasse
It would be nice that they get a fast implementation not doing two passes and creating an intermediate collection
when possible.

Stef