what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

Stéphane Ducasse
what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

Re: what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 7, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

The RB AST is missing some information. E.g. it tells you "there is a variable a", but not
if it's a temp, ivar or what kind of literal variable. (for example).

So it's an AST without semantic analysis. PetitAnalyzer adds this semantic analysis phase
and annotates the AST.
(It's therefore very similar and needs to be merged with the semantic analysis of Opal...)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

Lukas Renggli
The package PetitAnalyzer adds reflective facilities (querying,
rewriting, tranformation) to PetitParser. PetitAnalyzer is not
required to write and execute grammers. Typically you only need to
load the package PetitParser. I haven't written the configuration
myself, so I don't know how it is setup.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

Ok now I was wondering why we need that in petitParser core in the configuration.

Stef
On Mar 7, 2011, at 7:58 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?
>>

> The RB AST is missing some information. E.g. it tells you "there is a variable a", but not
> if it's a temp, ivar or what kind of literal variable. (for example).
>
> So it's an AST without semantic analysis. PetitAnalyzer adds this semantic analysis phase
> and annotates the AST.
> (It's therefore very similar and needs to be merged with the semantic analysis of Opal...)
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

Lukas Renggli
> PetitAnalyzer adds this semantic analysis phase
> and annotates the AST.

No, PetitParser has nothing to do with the AST package of RB. What you
are talking about is AST-Analyzer, and that's in the RB repository.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: what is petitAnalyser and why does it belong to Core in ConfigurationOfPetitParser?

ok this is what I thought :)