what is the SpecLayout architecture?

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

this is probably a tall order, but is there some description of SpecLayout architecture?

To clarify: I am NOT asking how to use SpecLayout, I am asking how SpecLayout works internally.

iirc SpecInterpreter was rewritten by Johan & Stef, so maybe you guys have some notes?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: what is the SpecLayout architecture?

stepharong
On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 14:55:35 +0100, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is probably a tall order, but is there some description of
> SpecLayout architecture?
>
> To clarify: I am NOT asking how to use SpecLayout, I am asking how
> SpecLayout works internally.
>
> iirc SpecInterpreter was rewritten by Johan & Stef, so maybe you guys
> have some notes?

No we did not.
In fact the interpreter not really nicely done.
Esteban rewrote it but the spec author never wanted to listen and after a
while he
refactored the main ugly interpret method
and since then I did not look at it.

And Esteban got deadly attracted by uFFI and related ugly instability.
I think that spec deserves a large pass but this is not something that you
do without
enough time and concentration.