what version to play with

Mark Aufflick-6
Hi all,

I've been dabbling on the fringe of smalltalk for the past few years
but I want to get more into it and I think gnu smalltalk suits me best
for a variety of reasons.

I've compiled and installed the latest release on my mac laptop no
problem, but I'm wondering if I'm better off tracking head -
especially since I'm likely to want to poke my nose into the seaside
porting.

Cheers,

Mark.

--
Mark Aufflick
  contact info at http://mark.aufflick.com/about/contact

Re: what version to play with

Paolo Bonzini

> I've compiled and installed the latest release on my mac laptop no
> problem, but I'm wondering if I'm better off tracking head -
> especially since I'm likely to want to poke my nose into the seaside
> porting.

Yes, I suggest that you do that.  You can go halfway and use the latest
alpha, which is 2.95b, or 2.95c (when I do that, sometime next week).

2.95b introduces some fundamental changes that users should like but had
a few bugs, and 2.95c will fix these bugs.

Thanks!

Paolo

Re: what version to play with

Mark Aufflick-6
Cool - I'll track the version control head then. Just thought I'd
check since with some projects vc head is way too unstable for a
newby!

I'm really pleased I checked into gst again - when I checked years ago
it was missing some things I really wanted.

First job - write a postgres driver :)