when do we release 4.8?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi doru

What is blocking the release of 4.8?
Because it would be good to release Moose 4.8 as the version before migrating to STHUB
then we can work on having a version running on Pharo 2.0.

Re: when do we release 4.8?

Tudor Girba-2
Now we should release 4.7.

There is no blocker. Just someone has to put together the one-click installation, but given that the PharoVM situation is unclear, it takes some manual effort, and I just did not have it. If someone puts it together, it would be great. I can put together the announcement with the release notes.

Doru

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi doru

What is blocking the release of 4.8?
Because it would be good to release Moose 4.8 as the version before migrating to STHUB
then we can work on having a version running on Pharo 2.0.

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: when do we release 4.8?

Usman Bhatti

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now we should release 4.7.

There is no blocker. Just someone has to put together the one-click installation, but given that the PharoVM situation is unclear, it takes some manual effort, and I just did not have it. If someone puts it together, it would be great. I can put together the announcement with the release notes.

If its about taking a one-click and putting in there a 4.7 image and the correct VM, I can do it but I'll have to see with Pharo guyz to identify the correct VM.

Doru

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi doru

What is blocking the release of 4.8?
Because it would be good to release Moose 4.8 as the version before migrating to STHUB
then we can work on having a version running on Pharo 2.0.

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: when do we release 4.8?

Ben Coman
Ideally choice of VM is not a decision to make just before release :)
Obviously this will improve once Moose is part of the CI where a beta period can have a OneClick can tie and image to a specific VM.

btw, I thought Moose 4.7 was based off Pharo 1.4, so the Pharo-1.4-Summer-OneClick would be the natural choice.

cheers -ben

[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi doru

What is blocking the release of 4.8?
Because it would be good to release Moose 4.8 as the version before
migrating to STHUB
then we can work on having a version running on Pharo 2.0.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: when do we release 4.8?

Tudor Girba-2
Yes, the summer release should be the natural choice :).

And, for this release, we should do it by hand and prevent future vm mess via scripts directly in CI by using the new official VMs.

Doru