where the hell is the help.

Sean Malloy-2
Clicking "Help on this tool" returns loads of 404 errors. Where may I get
access to help if not directly from within Dolphin.

Re: where the hell is the help.

Ian Bartholomew-18
Sean,

> Clicking "Help on this tool" returns loads of 404 errors. Where may I
> get access to help if not directly from within Dolphin.

The help was never updated from D4 (not a lot has changed though) so the
D5 links were never actually available - hence the 404s

There are two ways round it - both of which enable D5 to use the D4
documentation.

1) Download the EducationCenter from the OA web sits (see the D5
products download page) and install that.  The help links will then
default to the local files and should work

2) Change the method
DevelopmentSessionManager>>defaultEducationCentreRootUrl method to read

^'%1/Lib/EducationCentre%2!d!/htm'
    formatWith: self objectArtsUrl
    with: 4

This will now point the online help links at the correct (?) url on the
OA web site.

Note that in both options some of the links will still not be correct
because tools have been renamed (the ClassBrowser for example).  In
those cases you will need to go to a page that does work and use the
help navigation to find the correct page.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: where the hell is the help.

Sean Malloy-2
After reading your reply, and then going back to the site, I feel ashamed I
didn't notice the help info!

Although in my defense it did say "Using Dolphin 4.0 Help" so I ignored it!

Thankyou Ian.

Re: where the hell is the help.

Andy Bower-3
Sean,

> Clicking "Help on this tool" returns loads of 404 errors. Where may I
> get access to help if not directly from within Dolphin.

This is a long standing issue (i.e. the lack of full documentation for
Dolphin 5). However, you can get access to most of the help by using
the Dolphin 4 Education Centre download. Please follow the instructions
at:

http://www.object-arts.com/UsingD4HelpWithD5.htm

If you just want to view the help info online then it is available at:

http://www.object-arts.com/EducationCentre/Education.htm

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: where the hell is the help.

Andy Bower-3
Sean,

> After reading your reply, and then going back to the site, I feel
> ashamed I didn't notice the help info!
>
> Although in my defense it did say "Using Dolphin 4.0 Help" so I
> ignored it!

Hmm.. good point. We'll update the heading on the website to say
something like: "Using Dolphin 4.0 Help with Dolphin 5.1".

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com