which version of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser for 3.1?

which version of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser for 3.1?

Paul DeBruicker
The current ConfigurationOfSeaside30 asks for

Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7

which is only found in the Seaside30 repo.  The latest in the Seaside31
repo is

Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.7

Re: which version of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser for 3.1?

Nick
Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 is a fork as Lukas's OB and diverged significantly from the OB that was shipping in Pharo at the time. In summary:

Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.7 - used to build Seaside on top of Lukas's image ie used in http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch  (Lukas doesn't use Metacello).

Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 used in the Metacello configuration to build on Seaside on-top of Pharo from http://www.pharo-project.org

On 12 November 2012 21:03, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
The current ConfigurationOfSeaside30 asks for

Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7

which is only found in the Seaside30 repo.  The latest in the Seaside31 repo is

Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.7

Re: which version of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser for 3.1?

Paul DeBruicker
OK.  Right now in the ConfigurationOfSeaside30 for Seaside 3.1 &
Pharo1.3 we have

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowserLukas +
Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 (which does not load
or run)

To fix it for Seaside 3.1 we could use either

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser +
Seaside-Pharo-Tools+OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7

or

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowserLukas + Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.7

  as both work fine (at least in Pharo 1.3). It seems like the
ConfigurationOfOmniBrowserLukas was added to the Pharo 1.3 spec just for
Seaside 3.1.

Does that sound right and should one combination be preferred over the
other?

On 11/13/2012 03:31 AM, Nick Ager wrote:

> Seaside-Pharo-Tools-__OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 is a fork as
> Lukas's OB and diverged significantly from the OB that was shipping in
> Pharo at the time. In summary:
>
> Seaside-Pharo-Tools-__OmniBrowser-lr.7 - used to build Seaside on top of
> Lukas's image ie used in http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch  (Lukas doesn't
> use Metacello).
>
> Seaside-Pharo-Tools-__OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 used in the
> Metacello configuration to build on Seaside on-top of Pharo from
> http://www.pharo-project.org
>

> On 12 November 2012 21:03, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     The current ConfigurationOfSeaside30 asks for
>
>     Seaside-Pharo-Tools-__OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7
>
>     which is only found in the Seaside30 repo.  The latest in the
>     Seaside31 repo is
>
>     Seaside-Pharo-Tools-__OmniBrowser-lr.7

Re: which version of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser for 3.1?

Nick
I'm afraid I don't know about ConfigurationOfOmniBrowserLukas . I presume the two different configurations combinations load different forks of omnibrowser. I don't know if there is a strong reason to use one over the other, other than personal preference.
Also Omnibrowser isn't maintained for Pharo 2.0. There was some work started by Stephen Eggermont to build a replacement Seaside "control panel" without any Omnibrowser dependancies.
Perhaps until this work is completed we could miss out the Seaside control panel and dispense with the Omnibrowser dependency problems.

On 13 November 2012 16:33, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK.  Right now in the ConfigurationOfSeaside30 for Seaside 3.1 & Pharo1.3 we have

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowserLukas + Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 (which does not load or run)

To fix it for Seaside 3.1 we could use either

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser + Seaside-Pharo-Tools+OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7

<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

    The current ConfigurationOfSeaside30 asks for

    Seaside-Pharo-Tools-__OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7

    which is only found in the Seaside30 repo.  The latest in the
    Seaside31 repo is

    Seaside-Pharo-Tools-__OmniBrowser-lr.7

Re: which version of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser for 3.1?

Philippe Marschall
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The current ConfigurationOfSeaside30 asks for
>
> Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7
>
> which is only found in the Seaside30 repo.  The latest in the Seaside31 repo
> is
>
> Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.7

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowserLukas works with
Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.7. That's the Lukas version of OB.
That's what should be used in Pharo 1.3 and only there.

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowse works with
Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7. That's the Pharo
fork of OB. You want that in Pharo 1.4.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: which version of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser for 3.1?

Nick
hmmm if memory serves correctly ConfigurationOfOmniBrowse + Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 works with Pharo 1.3 as well.