whither Chess?

David Duke

Apols for a post that is only marginally on topic, this list seemed the best fit.

From an  earlier experience with Squeak I recall that there was a quite decent (to me) version of chess in the Game package.

However I cant find it in my current image (5.2) - I triesSqueakMap, but searching for chess or games produced no result; I couldn't locate a sar or change set for it on the web
Could anyone point me to it, either to an archive file, or categories to search under on SqueakMap.

thanks
David

Re: whither Chess?

Hannes Hirzel
Hi

- Use the world menu -> flaps
- Choose menu 'show shared flaps'
- drag out the red objects tab
- choose category 'games'
- drag out the chess board

Regards
Hannes

On 10/15/19, David Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apols for a post that is only marginally on topic, this list seemed the
> best fit.
>
> From an  earlier experience with Squeak I recall that there was a quite
> decent (to me) version of chess in the Game package.
>
> However I cant find it in my current image (5.2) - I triesSqueakMap, but
> searching for chess or games produced no result; I couldn't locate a sar or
> change set for it on the web
> Could anyone point me to it, either to an archive file, or categories to
> search under on SqueakMap.
>
> thanks
> David

Re: whither Chess?

Herbert König

Hi,

for me it doesn't work from a 64 bit image updated just now (no games entry in the flap) but it works and worked before the update if I use the world menu --> objects and then choose games.

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 15.10.2019 um 22:28 schrieb H. Hirzel:
Hi

- Use the world menu -> flaps
- Choose menu 'show shared flaps'
- drag out the red objects tab
- choose category 'games'
- drag out the chess board

Regards
Hannes

On 10/15/19, David Duke [hidden email] wrote:
Apols for a post that is only marginally on topic, this list seemed the
best fit.

From an  earlier experience with Squeak I recall that there was a quite
decent (to me) version of chess in the Game package.

However I cant find it in my current image (5.2) - I triesSqueakMap, but
searching for chess or games produced no result; I couldn't locate a sar or
change set for it on the web
Could anyone point me to it, either to an archive file, or categories to
search under on SqueakMap.

thanks
David

Re: whither Chess?

David Duke
Many thanks! really helpful!; I'd forgotten about the flaps (I rarely used them so had disabled I think). Not clear though how I missed finding the classes in Browser ( mea culpa),
But I've found  it now both ways - some issues at runtime with a message failure on FormCanvas>> setFillColor, but
now I'm in that should be soluable via the tools.

regards
David