why can't I file out a package?

Oscar Nierstrasz

I can file out a class, but not a package it seems. Should this be an
issue, or am I missing something?

- on

Re: why can't I file out a package?

Michael Rueger-6
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can file out a class, but not a package it seems. Should this be an
> issue, or am I missing something?

In general there seems to be the notion in MC that there is no easy
way to file out things. What I would have liked to have while working
on the unicode release is the ability to file out changes between
packages.

Santa? ;-)

Michael

Re: why can't I file out a package?

Oscar Nierstrasz

Yeah, of course I have the fileout hiding inside my mcz file in the
package-cache, but santa should help out here.

Anyway, thanks for confirming the fail.

- on

On 26 Mar 2009, at 23:25, Michael Rueger wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Oscar Nierstrasz
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I can file out a class, but not a package it seems. Should this be an
>> issue, or am I missing something?
>
> In general there seems to be the notion in MC that there is no easy
> way to file out things. What I would have liked to have while working
> on the unicode release is the ability to file out changes between
> packages.
>
> Santa? ;-)
>
> Michael

Re: why can't I file out a package?

keith1y
Michael Rueger wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I can file out a class, but not a package it seems. Should this be an
>> issue, or am I missing something?
>>

> In general there seems to be the notion in MC that there is no easy
> way to file out things. What I would have liked to have while working
> on the unicode release is the ability to file out changes between
> packages.
>
> Santa? ;-)
>
> Michael

If you mean like a diff package.... repository menu in the MC browser
has an option. If you want this as a source you will have to open the
..mcd file

Keith

Re: why can't I file out a package?

Oscar Nierstrasz

Oh, I think there is a misunderstanding. I mean the OB system browser
does not let me file out a package.

Of course I can go through MC to get at the fileout by saving the
package and opening the mcz.

- on