why interface implementors are called subclassHierarchyGroup?

why interface implementors are called subclassHierarchyGroup?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I was watching the videos of doru and I was wondering why we cannot
just get

        each isInterface
                => interface
                        -> implementors

Re: why interface implementors are called subclassHierarchyGroup?

Tudor Girba-2
This is because we used to have only FAMIXClass and then it was natural to have classHierarchy in the method name. Now, this method is in type, so we should migrate it to be subTypesHierarchy, and superTypesHierarchy.

We had the idea to create FAMIXInterface explicitly, but the problem is that it creates duplication with ParameterizableClass. I am not sure what the best solution is, so I reopened the issue:
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=526

If we would have a FAMIXInterface, then we could have an implementors method there. But, as it is now, I think having it in FAMIXType (FAMIXClass) does not work out well.

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Sep 2011, at 22:21, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I was watching the videos of doru and I was wondering why we cannot
> just get
>
> each isInterface
> => interface
> -> implementors
>
> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: why interface implementors are called subclassHierarchyGroup?

Stéphane Ducasse
I see more or less.
Now to me it looks quite arcane and I would go for a solution where the domain is nicely covered