wiki on how to contribute to Squeak

K K Subbu
Hi,

The "How to contribute to Squeak" swiki at:

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3279

has been updated to include specific steps extracted from Dave's post
last year. I would appreciate if regular contributors review the changes
to catch any errors.

Specifically,

* should step 2 *add* inbox repo rather than edit *trunk* to *inbox*
because step 3 refers to trunk repo?
* should I have used squeakfoundation.org url for Dave's post?

Thanks .. Subbu

Re: wiki on how to contribute to Squeak

Tobias Pape
Hi

> On 07.06.2018, at 19:18, K K Subbu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The "How to contribute to Squeak" swiki at:
>
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3279
>
> has been updated to include specific steps extracted from Dave's post last year. I would appreciate if regular contributors review the changes to catch any errors.
>
> Specifically,
>
> * should step 2 *add* inbox repo rather than edit *trunk* to *inbox* because step 3 refers to trunk repo?

add is better, yes.

> * should I have used squeakfoundation.org url for Dave's post?

squeakfoundation.org should not be used unless for referring to the mailing list. We have redirects for some squeakfoundation.org urls, but the squeak.org ones are the canonical ones.

Thanks for looking into that!

Best regards
        -Tobias

PS: while you are at it, could you please change the link for SqueakSource3 from http://ss3.gemstone.com/ to http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/?

On Thursday 07 June 2018 11:47 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:
>> Specifically,
>>
>> * should step 2*add*  inbox repo rather than edit*trunk*  to*inbox*
>> because step 3 refers to trunk repo?
> add is better, yes.

Done.

>> * should I have used squeakfoundation.org url for Dave's post?
>
> squeakfoundation.org should not be used unless for referring to the
> mailing list. We have redirects for some squeakfoundation.org urls,
> but the squeak.org ones are the canonical ones.

This is ML ref. I usually use forum site for refs as it is easier to
read entire thread in one go. I changed it to squeakfoundation for now.

Squeakfoundation ML URLs don't crop up in google even if I use a site:
hint. Is the site blocking crawlers?

> PS: while you are at it, could you please change the link for
> SqueakSource3 fromhttp://ss3.gemstone.com/
> tohttp://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/?

Done. Thank you very much for the quick feedback.

Regards .. Subbu