wiki sandbox

Lincke, Jens
Dear list,

a while ago we tried to encourage some Lively Wiki editing by providing
some user directories:

http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/CreateUserDirectory.xhtml

several people created directories but failed to edit pages or create
content.

One exception is mzimmerm, who created
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/users/mzimmerm/BlackLineDemoLivelyKernel.xhtml

So I decided perhaps we should try it in a second round. I prepared some
pages where you could try yourself out.

http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/sandbox/sandbox.xhtml
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/sandbox/sandbox_01.xhtml
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/sandbox/sandbox_02.xhtml
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/sandbox/sandbox_03.xhtml

(Please use Safari, Chrome,  or WebKit since saving pages is currently
broken in Firefox and Opera)

Best,

Jens

Re: wiki sandbox

Philip Weaver
Lively Community,

Please recreate one or both of these drawings in the Lively Wiki with zero coding and without doits. Please provide feedback to this list.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/edit?id=1Vd3ZunYfh9_hP7DkYU1Gz6U6Aq7emgYBfk3lYVaEiBw&hl=en
https://docs.google.com/drawings/edit?id=1N6uJKwK5ECQYkkJSK2jfB0LSbtWdebqs4mRKgSXHR8U&hl=en

If the wiki is down it should be back online around 8am CEST at the latest.

More inline below...

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Jens Lincke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear list,

a while ago we tried to encourage some Lively Wiki editing by providing
some user directories:

http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/CreateUserDirectory.xhtml

several people created directories but failed to edit pages or create
content.

:-) My directory was created by HPI with content which I created last year. Danke. When I developed widgets and demos for Lively last summer, I was using a brand new MacBook Pro. I won't explain now - but my current hardware is inadequate. I can't run Lively well and perhaps this is one reason why I recently used Google Drawings (for the record). If no one is exploring any degree of funding to help propel this project or derivatives then that is a great tragedy.

One exception is mzimmerm, who created
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/users/mzimmerm/BlackLineDemoLivelyKernel.xhtml

Superstar!

So I decided perhaps we should try it in a second round. I prepared some
pages where you could try yourself out.

http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/sandbox/sandbox.xhtml
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/sandbox/sandbox_01.xhtml
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/sandbox/sandbox_02.xhtml
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/sandbox/sandbox_03.xhtml

(Please use Safari, Chrome,  or WebKit since saving pages is currently
broken in Firefox and Opera)

Best,

Jens

Re: wiki sandbox

Lincke, Jens
Hi, Phil

here it is, without coding and without doits.....

http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/mockups/SystemBrowser.xhtml

I only used: Rectangles, Text, the Yellow Star (for the black triangles...) and the Clock (for the clock ;-) ).

Best,

Jens

Am 02.07.10 02:57, schrieb Philip Weaver:
[...]

The only thing I learned from this is that you and I are both cocky. :-)  That's a good thing.

It might be better to find someone else to do it to help create new mockups. Will one if the other 98 people on this list please recreate the second drawing and provide feedback to this list? Or you can create a new drawing.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/edit?id=1N6uJKwK5ECQYkkJSK2jfB0LSbtWdebqs4mRKgSXHR8U&hl=en

Thanks,
Philip