wiki?

johnmci
Someone asked me for a squeak based wiki the other day and I'm
wondering if there is a pre-built
one around, or recommendations about which one I should load into a
pharo, or seaside image

I need something:

(a) lightweight (low memory usage)
(b) easy for people to use that likely won't require opening a manual
or glancing much at help page.
(c) storage will be backed to a file system directory, minimal admin
skills involved here.

--
=
=

Re: wiki?

Lukas Renggli

There is a prebuilt image for Pier <http://www.piercms.com/>

> (a) lightweight (low memory usage)

I tested Pier on the iPhone. It works reasonably well.

> (b) easy for people to use that likely won't require opening a manual or
> glancing much at help page.

The prebuilt image comes with the toolbar presented here:
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/edittoolbar>.

> (c) storage will be backed to a file system directory, minimal admin skills
> involved here.

Pier stores static files to the file-system and regularly does
snapshots of the image. All can be configured from the web.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: wiki?

Petite Abeille-2

On Jan 22, 2009, at 6:25 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Someone asked me for a squeak based wiki the other day and I'm
> wondering if there is a pre-built
> one around, or recommendations about which one I should load into a
> pharo, or seaside image

Nanoki, a simple, elegant wiki engine, would cover all your
requirement... but one.

http://alt.textdrive.com/nanoki/

> I need something:
>
> (a) lightweight (low memory usage)

Small footprint, 508 KB download, fits in around ~500 KB of memory:

http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/a

> (b) easy for people to use that likely won't require opening a
> manual or glancing much at help page.

Very minimalist:

http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/nanoki

> (c) storage will be backed to a file system directory, minimal admin
> skills involved here.

File system based. Zero configuration.

Even sports optional fancy feature such as full text search:

http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/search?q=smalltalk

Nanoki has one major drawback though... it's neither using Seaside,
nor even Smalltalk :))

Oh, well...

Cheers,

PA.