windows port

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Hi!

I read there's a windows port coming on the next GST release. Does it
mean that a binary be available?

Bèrto

Re: windows port

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 02/17/2010 08:17 PM, Bèrto ëd Sèra wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I read there's a windows port coming on the next GST release. Does it
> mean that a binary be available?

Yes, but sockets probably won't be entirely supported.  GTK+ and
VisualGST will.

Paolo

Re: windows port

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Can you be more specific on win sockets?

I have a request for a voting system that has auth based on signed gpg
keys. So I need the GPG key to be sent to a central server by TCP. My
impression is that "no sockets" is a tombstone on the idea, but maybe
I'm wrong.

Bèrto

Re: windows port

Paolo Bonzini-2
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 14:34, Bèrto ëd Sèra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can you be more specific on win sockets?

They work better than in 3.1, but I don't think they would run Iliad
for example.  You'd have to test it and see.

Paolo