windowsesque theme

Steve Wirts
I've attached a rough draft of a windowsesque UITheme called UIThemeXP,
I was hoping it could be added to the themes in the main distribution.
It may need to be renamed, and certainly put into the proper package.

After you filein, evaluate....

UIThemeXP setup.

then to see some examples of it, evaluate

UITheme exampleBasicControls

The "UIThemeXP<<setup" function assumes you are on a windows machine as it requires Tahoma font be installed.
Otherwise you can just set it as the preferred look and feel, and it will use the standard Accuny font.

It would be nice if the FreeType fonts could be somehow persisted inside methods like images so they would be available on other platforms.

windowsesque.st (83K) Download Attachment

Re: windowsesque theme

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks steve
I sounds good :)
I will let gary have a look and tell us.

Stef

On May 9, 2009, at 12:46 AM, Steve Wirts wrote:

> I've attached a rough draft of a windowsesque UITheme called
> UIThemeXP,
> I was hoping it could be added to the themes in the main distribution.
> It may need to be renamed, and certainly put into the proper package.
>
> After you filein, evaluate....
>
> UIThemeXP setup.
>
> then to see some examples of it, evaluate
>
> UITheme exampleBasicControls
>

> The "UIThemeXP<<setup" function assumes you are on a windows machine
> as it requires Tahoma font be installed.
> Otherwise you can just set it as the preferred look and feel, and it
> will use the standard Accuny font.
>
> It would be nice if the FreeType fonts could be somehow persisted
> inside methods like images so they would be available on other
> platforms.
> <windowsesque.st>_______________________________________________
> Pharo-project mailing list

Re: windowsesque theme

Alexandre Bergel
Really nice!
It really looks like Window 95

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 9 May 2009, at 00:46, Steve Wirts wrote:

> I've attached a rough draft of a windowsesque UITheme called
> UIThemeXP,
> I was hoping it could be added to the themes in the main distribution.
> It may need to be renamed, and certainly put into the proper package.
>
> After you filein, evaluate....
>
> UIThemeXP setup.
>
> then to see some examples of it, evaluate
>
> UITheme exampleBasicControls
>

> The "UIThemeXP<<setup" function assumes you are on a windows machine
> as it requires Tahoma font be installed.
> Otherwise you can just set it as the preferred look and feel, and it
> will use the standard Accuny font.
>
> It would be nice if the FreeType fonts could be somehow persisted
> inside methods like images so they would be available on other
> platforms.
> <windowsesque.st>_______________________________________________
> Pharo-project mailing list

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: windowsesque theme

Gary Chambers-4
Just needs a few tweaks for titloebar handling with larger fonts and some
pane colour stuff.
Looks good. Maybe a rename to UITheme95?

Regards, Gary

> I will let gary have a look and tell us.
>
> Stef
>
> On May 9, 2009, at 12:46 AM, Steve Wirts wrote:
>
>> I've attached a rough draft of a windowsesque UITheme called
>> UIThemeXP,
>> I was hoping it could be added to the themes in the main distribution.
>> It may need to be renamed, and certainly put into the proper package.
>>
>> After you filein, evaluate....
>>
>> UIThemeXP setup.
>>
>> then to see some examples of it, evaluate
>>
>> UITheme exampleBasicControls
>>

>> The "UIThemeXP<<setup" function assumes you are on a windows machine
>> as it requires Tahoma font be installed.
>> Otherwise you can just set it as the preferred look and feel, and it
>> will use the standard Accuny font.
>>
>> It would be nice if the FreeType fonts could be somehow persisted
>> inside methods like images so they would be available on other
>> platforms.
>> <windowsesque.st>_______________________________________________
>> Pharo-project mailing list
>> [hidden email]

> I will let gary have a look and tell us.
>
> Stef
>
> On May 9, 2009, at 12:46 AM, Steve Wirts wrote:
>
>> I've attached a rough draft of a windowsesque UITheme called
>> UIThemeXP,
>> I was hoping it could be added to the themes in the main distribution.
>> It may need to be renamed, and certainly put into the proper package.
>>
>> After you filein, evaluate....
>>
>> UIThemeXP setup.
>>
>> then to see some examples of it, evaluate
>>
>> UITheme exampleBasicControls
>>

>> The "UIThemeXP<<setup" function assumes you are on a windows machine
>> as it requires Tahoma font be installed.
>> Otherwise you can just set it as the preferred look and feel, and it
>> will use the standard Accuny font.
>>
>> It would be nice if the FreeType fonts could be somehow persisted
>> inside methods like images so they would be available on other
>> platforms.
>> <windowsesque.st>_______________________________________________
>> Pharo-project mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Re: windowsesque theme

gary let me know when you integrate the theme and I will integrate to
the stream.
May be in the future we will get theme packages :)

On May 12, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Just needs a few tweaks for titloebar handling with larger fonts and
> some
> pane colour stuff.
> Looks good. Maybe a rename to UITheme95?
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: windowsesque theme

Steve Wirts
Besides fine tuning some of the things with this theme, I would like to create an Ubuntu theme as that is the platform I prefer to use.  I think it's an up and coming juggernaut.

There are lots of controls that would be nice to have available in Pharo.
In Java land there is a gui toolkit that might be something to look at for direction.  Jide is gaining momentum, and was chosen over eclipse at my job.   Certainly building widgets found in this product would provide alot of nice capabilities for Pharo's own tools.

http://www.jidesoft.com/

Another thing that would be beyond my capabilities to work on, but I think is becoming necessary for software developers might be to have a heavyweight browser control.  Something like the 3d rendering surface I've seen with croquet.  There would be fantastic things you could do with this.

These are just ideas.

steve