world menu shortcut

Peter H. Meadows
Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the world menu from anywhere?

How about adding a button to the taskbar?

Re: world menu shortcut

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Peter H. Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the world menu from anywhere?

I remember I asked the same some time ago to Guille Polito.
But as far as I remember there wasn't.
Guille, now that we have KeyBindings in the image, could we add this?

How about adding a button to the taskbar?

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: world menu shortcut

Guillermo Polito

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Peter H. Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the world menu from anywhere?

I remember I asked the same some time ago to Guille Polito.
But as far as I remember there wasn't.
Guille, now that we have KeyBindings in the image, could we add this?

I played once with that and was easy... The worse part of assigning new shortcuts is finding a good key combination :).

How about adding a button to the taskbar?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: world menu shortcut

Guillermo Polito

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Peter H. Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:
Shall I open an issue?

I would. But mark it as 3.0 since it is not a stop the world :).

BTW, what would be a shortcut for opening the world menu? alt + w?

On 29 January 2013 13:58, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Peter H. Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the world menu from anywhere?

I remember I asked the same some time ago to Guille Polito.
But as far as I remember there wasn't.
Guille, now that we have KeyBindings in the image, could we add this?

I played once with that and was easy... The worse part of assigning new shortcuts is finding a good key combination :).

How about adding a button to the taskbar?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: world menu shortcut

Stéphane Ducasse
cmd +W

the problem is that using shift make the short cut difficult to do. I have a lot of problem with cmd-b+cmd-N
It does not work with me 50% of the time.

Now a disgression I would love to have
        esc for selecting text under the mouse.
like that I could do esc + cmd+d

So esc-w could be good too for the world menu

> yep, but cmd+w is for closing windows... we need something extra
>
> On Jan 30, 2013, at 12:30 PM, "Peter H. Meadows" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=7365
>>

>> On 30 January 2013 10:53, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Peter H. Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Shall I open an issue?
>>
>> I would. But mark it as 3.0 since it is not a stop the world :).
>>
>> BTW, what would be a shortcut for opening the world menu? alt + w?
>>

>> On 29 January 2013 13:58, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Peter H. Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the world menu from anywhere?
>>

>> I remember I asked the same some time ago to Guille Polito.
>> But as far as I remember there wasn't.
>> Guille, now that we have KeyBindings in the image, could we add this?
>>
>> I played once with that and was easy... The worse part of assigning new shortcuts is finding a good key combination :).
>>

>> How about adding a button to the taskbar?
>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: world menu shortcut

LogiqueWerks
Is ESC a permanent feature of the human-digital interface ?

For Apple ?  For Blackberry ?  For TheNextBIgThing ?  In India ?   In
China ?  In Malaysia ? ...

EGADS !  Smalltalk running in EMACS-128bit !

SP Ody 2021
HAL to Dave :
" Try using the ESCAPE sequence ...
No, No, the KEY  —  'E' 'S' 'C'  !!! "