write access lost again

Johan Brichau-2
I want to fix the configuration of Seaside30 to include latest Zinc Adaptor but I cannot write to the Seaside30 repository (again).

btw: I propose to take care of the migration to Smalltalk HUB given that Squeaksource is going read-only anyway._______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: write access lost again

EstebanLM
I don't know where it is, but remember to copy it to MetaRepo after finish :)

On Jun 7, 2013, at 9:47 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to fix the configuration of Seaside30 to include latest Zinc Adaptor but I cannot write to the Seaside30 repository (again).
>
> btw: I propose to take care of the migration to Smalltalk HUB given that Squeaksource is going read-only anyway._______________________________________________
> seaside-dev mailing list

Re: write access lost again

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Esteban,

So many places to copy the metacello configs :-)
I copied a working version to the MetaRepoFor20 and the MetacelloRepository

On 07 Jun 2013, at 10:44, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know where it is, but remember to copy it to MetaRepo after finish :)
>
> On Jun 7, 2013, at 9:47 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I want to fix the configuration of Seaside30 to include latest Zinc Adaptor but I cannot write to the Seaside30 repository (again).
>>
>> btw: I propose to take care of the migration to Smalltalk HUB given that Squeaksource is going read-only anyway._______________________________________________
>> seaside-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev

Re: write access lost again

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want to fix the configuration of Seaside30 to include latest Zinc Adaptor but I cannot write to the Seaside30 repository (again).

Added you again.

> btw: I propose to take care of the migration to Smalltalk HUB given that Squeaksource is going read-only anyway._______________________________________________

Will you be at ESUG? Can we look at it there?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: write access lost again

Johan Brichau-2

On 14 Jun 2013, at 09:58, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Added you again.

Thx
I pushed the configuration to the seaside30 repo

>> btw: I propose to take care of the migration to Smalltalk HUB given that Squeaksource is going read-only anyway._______________________________________________
>
> Will you be at ESUG? Can we look at it there?

Yes, I intend to be there.
We can look at it there but mind that there is nothing much to it. There is the script shown on the squeaksource.com homepage that copies all commits over to the new repository.

So, anytime you want.

Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: write access lost again

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Philippe, all,

Should I not just do this?
Squeaksource is going read-only soon (it should already be that way).

I'm on holidays but I can take care of it...
I really think having Seaside on a deprecated repository is not really a good publicity.

cheers
Johan

On 15 Jun 2013, at 21:53, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> btw: I propose to take care of the migration to Smalltalk HUB given that Squeaksource is going read-only anyway._______________________________________________
>>
>> Will you be at ESUG? Can we look at it there?
>
> Yes, I intend to be there.
> We can look at it there but mind that there is nothing much to it. There is the script shown on the squeaksource.com homepage that copies all commits over to the new repository.

Re: write access lost again

Paul DeBruicker
FWIW I think you should do it.

On Jul 16, 2013, at 12:27 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Philippe, all,
>
> Should I not just do this?
> Squeaksource is going read-only soon (it should already be that way).
>
> I'm on holidays but I can take care of it...
> I really think having Seaside on a deprecated repository is not really a good publicity.
>
> cheers
> Johan

>>> Will you be at ESUG? Can we look at it there?
>>
>> Yes, I intend to be there.
>> We can look at it there but mind that there is nothing much to it. There is the script shown on the squeaksource.com homepage that copies all commits over to the new repository.

Re: write access lost again

DiegoLont
I am all in favor … and would like to be added to developers, because I still have some work left on the Seaside3.1 configuration.

Stephan Eggermont adds, he also wants to be added as a developer.

And should we have a mirror on ss3? Because currently there is only an empty Seaside30 project by Philippe. Because if Smalltalkhub fails, I would still like to be able to download the latest version.

Cheers,
Diego

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Philippe, all,
>
> Should I not just do this?
> Squeaksource is going read-only soon (it should already be that way).
>
> I'm on holidays but I can take care of it...
> I really think having Seaside on a deprecated repository is not really a good publicity.

I agree (and added you again). AFAIK the options we:
- SmalltakHub
- SS3
- webdav on seaside.st

At one point the plan was to move to WebDAV as it is probably the most
stable and best performing option but requires manual permission set
up. This goes agains the whole social code drive-by-commit thing. I
assume the same sync script can be used to migrate to any other
Monticello repository should we at a later point decide we bet on the
wrong horse. If you volunteer to do the work I'm fine with any choice
you make.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: write access lost again

Philippe Marschall
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am all in favor … and would like to be added to developers, because I still have some work left on the Seaside3.1 configuration.

I can add you but there are three Diegos on SqueakSource DR, DIMA, DFJ

Cheers
Philippe

Re: write access lost again

Stephan Eggermont-3
Philippe wrote:
>I can add you but there are three Diegos on SqueakSource DR, DIMA, DFJ

None of which is Diego Lont. I'm not sure adding us on Squeaksource
brings much, as writing there is already supposed to have stopped.
Smalltalkhub or ss3 needs a group created, I think

Stephan

Re: write access lost again

Johan Brichau-2
Philippe,

You are right and I agree with your thoughts.

I have experience with all available options: squeaksource3, smalltalkhub, nginx webdav and github.
Although nothing beats the stability and speed of an nginx webdav setup, the smalltalkhub site breaths a new age.
And we can, of course, change if it proves a wrong decision.

I will take care of it. Philippe, can you create an account on smalltalkhub? There is already a Seaside team to which I can add you and assign the project.

On 17 Jul 2013, at 17:08, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At one point the plan was to move to WebDAV as it is probably the most
> stable and best performing option but requires manual permission set
> up. This goes agains the whole social code drive-by-commit thing. I
> assume the same sync script can be used to migrate to any other
> Monticello repository should we at a later point decide we bet on the
> wrong horse. If you volunteer to do the work I'm fine with any choice
> you make.

Re: write access lost again

Philippe Marschall
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Philippe,
>
> You are right and I agree with your thoughts.
>
> I have experience with all available options: squeaksource3, smalltalkhub, nginx webdav and github.
> Although nothing beats the stability and speed of an nginx webdav setup, the smalltalkhub site breaths a new age.
> And we can, of course, change if it proves a wrong decision.
>
> I will take care of it. Philippe, can you create an account on smalltalkhub? There is already a Seaside team to which I can add you and assign the project.

Done username: marschall, full name: Philippe Marschall

Cheers
Philippe

Re: write access lost again

Johan Brichau-2

On 18 Jul 2013, at 09:37, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Done username: marschall, full name: Philippe Marschall

seaside-dev mailing list