writing a facebook application with seaside.

writing a facebook application with seaside.

sergio_101-2
hey, all..

my current project includes a facebook application as part of its spec..

i went over the facebook API, and i don't see any reason i can't use
seaside.. but i want to make sure i haven't missed anything..

has anyone done anything like this yet?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: writing a facebook application with seaside.

Stuart Herring-2
I've done it recently too and it wasn't too much effort.
Looking at CloudFork SSO gave me some guidance for what to do, but in
the end the code was my own (it's really pretty straight forward).
The only real issue is that you'll need to use stunnel to do any
communication with the OpenGraph api at the moment (Assuming you're on
Squeak or Pharo).

Regards,
Stuart

On 14 November 2011 14:44, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hey, all..
>
> my current project includes a facebook application as part of its spec..
>
> i went over the facebook API, and i don't see any reason i can't use
> seaside.. but i want to make sure i haven't missed anything..
>
> has anyone done anything like this yet?
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.CodingForHire.com
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: writing a facebook application with seaside.

Andreas.Raab
On 11/15/2011 3:35, Stuart Herring wrote:
> The only real issue is that you'll need to use stunnel to do any
> communication with the OpenGraph api at the moment (Assuming you're on
> Squeak or Pharo).

FWIW, WebClient[1] and SqueakSSL[2,3] make this trivial.

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/WebClient.html
[2] http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakSSL.html
[3] http://squeakssl.googlecode.com/files/SqueakSSL-bin-0.1.4.zip

Cheers,
   - Andreas

2011/11/15 Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>
FWIW, WebClient[1] and SqueakSSL[2,3] make this trivial.

Which I used.

Alex