writing to the transcript stream

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: writing to the transcript stream

Stéphane Ducasse
probably.
When I did threadsafetranscript I was thinking that transcript is a tool but may be this is a stream.

On Feb 13, 2011, at 3:59 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> I try the following
>
> Text fromUser storeOn: Transcript
>
> It failed, as ThreadTranscript is not a Stream, but according to PBE,
> Transcript is a Stream.
>
> Should I fill a bug ticket or is it a misuse?
>

> Hilaire
>
> --
> Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Re: writing to the transcript stream

Adrien BARREAU
It inherits from Object, but seems to use a Stream. But it does not support things such as nextPutAll:, ...

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:48:21 +0100
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] writing to the transcript stream
>
> probably.
> When I did threadsafetranscript I was thinking that transcript is a tool but may be this is a stream.
>
> On Feb 13, 2011, at 3:59 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>
> > I try the following
> >
> > Text fromUser storeOn: Transcript
> >
> > It failed, as ThreadTranscript is not a Stream, but according to PBE,
> > Transcript is a Stream.
> >
> > Should I fill a bug ticket or is it a misuse?
> >

> > Hilaire
> >
> > --
> > Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Re: writing to the transcript stream

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes probably my mistake.
I always found strange to mix the view and the model.
Because Transcript is either a stream with a UI or a tool.

Stef