www.seaside.st problem

cdavidshaffer
I'm using Firefox 3.0.10 under linux.  If I view the page
http://www.seaside.st/documentation/persistence and click on any of the
internal links (GLORP for example), the result is my browser shows the
page positioned at that internal link so I can see that entry and those
that follow (GLORP, ROE, Magma...in my example).  BUT, I can't see
anything above this on the page.  If I scroll to the top I can see the
Seaside logo and the search box but I can't see any entries that precede
the GLORP entry...again, using GLORP as an example.  It happens for all
of the internal links.  It's as if the contents of the page above the
internal link have been hidden.  And, my back button doesn't show any
history related that page...anyone else seeing this strange behavior?
BTW, this happens on many pages on this site but this is the only site
I've ever had it happen on.  Firebug shows the entire DOM (including the
invisible nodes above the one I can see).  There's nothing I can see in
the styles that would cause this portion of the page to be hidden.
Definitely seems like a Firefox bug but it is only tickled by seaside.st
in my experience.  Anyone have a clue?

David

Re: www.seaside.st problem

Lukas Renggli
Yeah, this is one of those strange CSS issues. It is also visible with Safari.

I created Issue 383.

Cheers,
Lukas

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 8:07 PM, C. David Shaffer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using Firefox 3.0.10 under linux.  If I view the page
> http://www.seaside.st/documentation/persistence and click on any of the
> internal links (GLORP for example), the result is my browser shows the page
> positioned at that internal link so I can see that entry and those that
> follow (GLORP, ROE, Magma...in my example).  BUT, I can't see anything above
> this on the page.  If I scroll to the top I can see the Seaside logo and the
> search box but I can't see any entries that precede the GLORP entry...again,
> using GLORP as an example.  It happens for all of the internal links.  It's
> as if the contents of the page above the internal link have been hidden.
>  And, my back button doesn't show any history related that page...anyone
> else seeing this strange behavior?  BTW, this happens on many pages on this
> site but this is the only site I've ever had it happen on.  Firebug shows
> the entire DOM (including the invisible nodes above the one I can see).
>  There's nothing I can see in the styles that would cause this portion of
> the page to be hidden.  Definitely seems like a Firefox bug but it is only
> tickled by seaside.st in my experience.  Anyone have a clue?
>
> David

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: www.seaside.st problem

cdavidshaffer
Lukas Renggli wrote:
> Yeah, this is one of those strange CSS issues. It is also visible with Safari.
>
> I created Issue 383.

Thank goodness.  I thought I was losing my mind.

-D

Re: www.seaside.st problem

Lukas Renggli
I think this is fixed now. Let me know if there are other problems.

Cheers,
Lukas

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM, C. David Shaffer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, this is one of those strange CSS issues. It is also visible with
>> Safari.
>>
>> I created Issue 383.
>>

> Thank goodness.  I thought I was losing my mind.
>
> -D

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: www.seaside.st problem

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think this is fixed now. Let me know if there are other problems.

I had exact the same problem with Firefox in Windows in the morning. I tested now and works ok. So, at least here, it is fixed.

Cheers,
Lukas

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM, C. David Shaffer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, this is one of those strange CSS issues. It is also visible with
>> Safari.
>>
>> I created Issue 383.
>>

> Thank goodness.  I thought I was losing my mind.
>
> -D

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: www.seaside.st problem

cdavidshaffer
Lukas Renggli wrote:
> I think this is fixed now. Let me know if there are other problems.

Seems fine to me now.  What was the cause?

David

Re: www.seaside.st problem

Lukas Renggli
>> I think this is fixed now. Let me know if there are other problems.
>
> Seems fine to me now.  What was the cause?

The menu-bar at the bottom of the window. Now the menu is just
displayed after the the contents. I removed a couple of wrapper DIVs
that tried to push it to the bottom of the page, in case the contents
is too short (which is rarely the case anyway).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: www.seaside.st problem

Randal L. Schwartz

Lukas> I think this is fixed now. Let me know if there are other problems.

The Nav is definitely messed up for me now, on Safari.  I can send
you screenshots if you need.

For example, on "seaside.st", the bottom nav bar cuts through just below
"videos" and right through the middle of the "memory requirements" graphic.
So I can't select anything below that. Ugh.

Oddly, as long as I resize the page to be long enough, it works OK.
So it's only when the top of the bottom menu bar might have infringed
on the bottom of the content.

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

Re: www.seaside.st problem

SeanTAllen

On May 20, 2009, at 7:43 PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Lukas> I think this is fixed now. Let me know if there are other
> problems.
>
> The Nav is definitely messed up for me now, on Safari.  I can send
> you screenshots if you need.

my safari is fine.

Re: www.seaside.st problem

Lukas Renggli
I tried on some more browsers now and it all works fine for me. Did
you refresh your browser cache? If not, then yes, a screenshot would
help.

Cheers,
Lukas