zip file version 9.1 / OrderedCollection and Dictionary

zip file version 9.1 / OrderedCollection and Dictionary

Hannes Hirzel
Hi

Is it possible that the zip file link

http://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber/zipball/master

NicolasPetton-amber-0.9.1-15-g722a06a

given on

http://amber-lang.net/index.html#download

is not the latest version?

I do not find 'OrderedCollection' there wheras the documentation
http://amber-lang.net/documentation.html#OrderedCollection has an
entry for it though without a class comment.

Another thing
The class comment for 'HashedCollection' is

"A HashedCollection is a traditional JavaScript object, or a Smalltalk
Dictionary.
Unlike a Dictionary, it can only have strings as keys."

the comment for Dictionary is empty. What is the difference?

Kind regards
Hannes

Re: zip file version 9.1 / OrderedCollection and Dictionary

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

In the latest version from the master branch, OrderedCollection is an
alias to Array.

Cheers,
Nico

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 14:53 +0100, H. Hirzel wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible that the zip file link
>
> http://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber/zipball/master
>
> NicolasPetton-amber-0.9.1-15-g722a06a
>
> given on
>
> http://amber-lang.net/index.html#download
>
> is not the latest version?
>
> I do not find 'OrderedCollection' there wheras the documentation
> http://amber-lang.net/documentation.html#OrderedCollection has an
> entry for it though without a class comment.
>
> Another thing
> The class comment for 'HashedCollection' is
>
> "A HashedCollection is a traditional JavaScript object, or a Smalltalk
> Dictionary.
> Unlike a Dictionary, it can only have strings as keys."
>
> the comment for Dictionary is empty. What is the difference?
>
> Kind regards
> Hannes

Re: zip file version 9.1 / OrderedCollection and Dictionary

Hannes Hirzel
Fine, thank you, but where do I find OrderedCollection in the class
browser. I do not see it.

Hannes