3.10alpha: PluggableText in SqueakMap showing boxes

3.10alpha: PluggableText in SqueakMap showing boxes

Tim Johnson-6
Hi,

The PluggableTextMorph in SqueakMap under 3.10alpha shows hollow boxes in
place of cr characters.  I searched Mantis but couldn't find anything.
Anybody have any clues?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: 3.10alpha: PluggableText in SqueakMap showing boxes

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 3/22/07 10:39 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> The PluggableTextMorph in SqueakMap under 3.10alpha shows hollow boxes in
> place of cr characters.  I searched Mantis but couldn't find anything.
> Anybody have any clues?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

You are using 3.10 alpha ?

I not understand what the exact problem is.
SqueakMap is for you could load packages into the 3.10 Universes (what is
for 3.10 the preferred choice)
For me SqueakMap works and shows no package as 3.10 alpha.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: 3.10alpha: PluggableText in SqueakMap showing boxes

Tim Johnson-6

> El 3/22/07 10:39 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The PluggableTextMorph in SqueakMap under 3.10alpha shows hollow boxes
>> in
>> place of cr characters.  I searched Mantis but couldn't find anything.
>> Anybody have any clues?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tim
>
> You are using 3.10 alpha ?
>
> I not understand what the exact problem is.
> SqueakMap is for you could load packages into the 3.10 Universes (what is
> for 3.10 the preferred choice)
> For me SqueakMap works and shows no package as 3.10 alpha.

Hello,

Yes, SqueakMap works, but all package descriptions display empty boxes
wherever there is a 'cr' character.

Screenshot:  http://www.metaphorse.com/squeakmap.tiff

This is 3.10alpha-7069.

El 3/22/07 11:03 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> Yes, SqueakMap works, but all package descriptions display empty boxes
> wherever there is a 'cr' character.
>
> Screenshot:  http://www.metaphorse.com/squeakmap.tiff
>
> This is 3.10alpha-7069.

I see now.
Is another case of bad converter.
In old times all was Mac style.
Now you could choose between Latin1TextConverter, UTF8TextConverter, and all
in Multilingual-TextConversion category

I attach some of the first image what I build for 3.10 and what still is non
official.
Lets you have converter at string level.

This week end I try to see what converter is needed, a quick saving file and
looking in file list seems what  UTF8TextConverter new.

Maybe some is needed in PluggableTextMorph also.

Edgar

ByteString-convertUsingConverter.st (692 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: 3.10alpha: PluggableText in SqueakMap showing boxes

Michael Davies-2
On 22/03/07, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 3/22/07 11:03 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Yes, SqueakMap works, but all package descriptions display empty boxes
> > wherever there is a 'cr' character.

Just to add another data point, squeak-dev-93 showed this problem, but
squeak-dev-95 doesn't (I'm on a Mac)