Squeak

Squeak is a modern, open source, highly portable, fast and full-featured implementation of the powerful Smalltalk programming language and environment.
squeak.org
Subcategories Topics Posts Last Post
The general-purpose Squeak developers list 32674 116277
by RUSEPH
This list is the place to ask all the "simple" questions you as a newcomer to squeak always wanted to ask. 2385 9765
by marcel.taeumel
Squeak Virtual Machine Development 14455 36111
by timrowledge
162 392
by KenDickey
Discussion forum for education-oriented Squeak users. 1104 3161
by Ron Teitelbaum
Croquet forum
opencroquet.org
1680 4668
by RUSEPH
Announcments about Squeak and Squeak News Summaries
Sub-Forums: Squeak - News
177 200
by David T. Lewis
Region specific Forums 3274 10806
by Giovanni Corriga
Other Squeak related forums 443 1647
by RUSEPH
These are the old EZMLM Squeak mailing list archives 136 490
by RUSEPH
Hi, there's an issue when a process terminating another process is terminated in the middle of the unwind. As a result the original process won't finish unwinding and will leave either a suspended process or a chain of unfinished contexts behind (to be GC'd). Here's a test: KernelTests-jar... 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
Hi all, #runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom: installs an ensure context later it removes it. The removal is done via this line: "No error was raised, remove ensure context by stepping until popped" [ctxt isDead] whileFalse: [topContext := topContext stepToCallee]. Would you agree t... 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
Hi, a minor bug here: [] ensure: [thisContext privSender: nil] If you step through a few times you get MessageNotUnderstood instead of BlockCannotReturn. The problem is #stepToHome: doesn't find a home context and tries to send #home to nil. regards, 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
Hi All, Until recently signalling an already existing exception object have lead to an error. As a temporary measure we made sending #signal to an exception equivalent to #outer ([1] and [2]); however, according to ANSI re-signalling an existing exception should be legitimate and differs from s... 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
Try this simple test: resumedCorrectly := false. [ [ Warning signal ] on: Warning do: [ :ex | ex outer ]. "returns here" resumedCorrectly := true. ] on: Warning do: [ :ex | ex resume ]. resumedCorrectly "---> true" But in this equivalent case it'll return inco... 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
I'm learning Smalltalk programming as I think its way ahead as an OOP programming tool. I would appreciate feedback regarding my coding of the following problem. I have a sequence of letters representing bases in a DNA and want to change the T to a U in the string. I have done this in two wa... 0 0
by dyfroedd
I'm learning Smalltalk programming as I think its way ahead as an OOP programming tool. I would appreciate feedback regarding my coding of the following problem. I have a sequence of letters representing bases in a DNA and want to change the T to a U in the string. I have done this in two wa... 0 0
by dyfroedd
From the few benchmarks that I have run, Squeak looks very promising. However, it is very difficult to tell what Squeak is, due to the lack of documentation. Squeak by example is more than 6 years old, and only by a stretch of the imagination may it be called a user's guide. It certainly is... 0 0
by dougt