Squeak

Squeak is a modern, open source, highly portable, fast and full-featured implementation of the powerful Smalltalk programming language and environment.
squeak.org
Subcategories Topics Posts Last Post
The general-purpose Squeak developers list 32673 116276
by nathant
This list is the place to ask all the "simple" questions you as a newcomer to squeak always wanted to ask. 2385 9765
by marcel.taeumel
Squeak Virtual Machine Development 14455 36111
by timrowledge
162 392
by KenDickey
Discussion forum for education-oriented Squeak users. 1104 3161
by Ron Teitelbaum
Croquet forum
opencroquet.org
1679 4667
by John McKeon
Announcments about Squeak and Squeak News Summaries
Sub-Forums: Squeak - News
177 200
by David T. Lewis
Region specific Forums 3274 10806
by Giovanni Corriga
Other Squeak related forums 442 1646
by Mateusz Grotek
Hi, there's an issue when a process terminating another process is terminated in the middle of the unwind. As a result the original process won't finish unwinding and will leave either a suspended process or a chain of unfinished contexts behind (to be GC'd). Here's a test: KernelTests-jar... 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
Hi all, #runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom: installs an ensure context later it removes it. The removal is done via this line: "No error was raised, remove ensure context by stepping until popped" [ctxt isDead] whileFalse: [topContext := topContext stepToCallee]. Would you agree t... 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
Hi, a minor bug here: [] ensure: [thisContext privSender: nil] If you step through a few times you get MessageNotUnderstood instead of BlockCannotReturn. The problem is #stepToHome: doesn't find a home context and tries to send #home to nil. regards, 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
Hi All, Until recently signalling an already existing exception object have lead to an error. As a temporary measure we made sending #signal to an exception equivalent to #outer ([1] and [2]); however, according to ANSI re-signalling an existing exception should be legitimate and differs from s... 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
Try this simple test: resumedCorrectly := false. [ [ Warning signal ] on: Warning do: [ :ex | ex outer ]. "returns here" resumedCorrectly := true. ] on: Warning do: [ :ex | ex resume ]. resumedCorrectly "---> true" But in this equivalent case it'll return inco... 0 0
by Jaromir Matas
I'm learning Smalltalk programming as I think its way ahead as an OOP programming tool. I would appreciate feedback regarding my coding of the following problem. I have a sequence of letters representing bases in a DNA and want to change the T to a U in the string. I have done this in two wa... 0 0
by dyfroedd
I'm learning Smalltalk programming as I think its way ahead as an OOP programming tool. I would appreciate feedback regarding my coding of the following problem. I have a sequence of letters representing bases in a DNA and want to change the T to a U in the string. I have done this in two wa... 0 0
by dyfroedd
From the few benchmarks that I have run, Squeak looks very promising. However, it is very difficult to tell what Squeak is, due to the lack of documentation. Squeak by example is more than 6 years old, and only by a stretch of the imagination may it be called a user's guide. It certainly is... 0 0
by dougt
These are the old EZMLM Squeak mailing list archives 135 489
by Bert Freudenberg-3