3.8 squeakmap?

stéphane ducasse-2
hi

I asked some students to load some package in 3.8 and they told me
that they
have problems with
"can't find EOCD position"

I told them to remove the sm folder and restart but this is not
solving the problem.

How can we solve that? Because this is working on 3.9 and (not with
3.8).

Re: 3.8 squeakmap?

Edgar J. De Cleene
stéphane ducasse puso en su mail :

> hi
>
> I asked some students to load some package in 3.8 and they told me
> that they
> have problems with
> "can't find EOCD position"
>
> I told them to remove the sm folder and restart but this is not
> solving the problem.
>
> How can we solve that? Because this is working on 3.9 and (not with
> 3.8).
>
> Stef
I have SM working on 3.8.
Don't trash all sm directory. Only the .sqz

map.2704.sgz is the loaded just now with 626 packages.
I putting on my ftp ( 816 kb)
ftp://[hidden email]/
password: elpelotero

I on one more hour, say if this works.
I sending my old trick, useful when you have the package, but no Internet
conection

SMLoader newWhitoutNet and then copy from cache for install things from your
own disk

Cheers.

Edgar

SMLoaderWithoutNet.1.cs (59K) Download Attachment

Re: 3.8 squeakmap?

Göran Krampe
Hi!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi
>
> I asked some students to load some package in 3.8 and they told me
> that they
> have problems with
> "can't find EOCD position"
>
> I told them to remove the sm folder and restart but this is not
> solving the problem.
>
> How can we solve that? Because this is working on 3.9 and (not with
> 3.8).
>
> Stef

Are you sure it works in 3.9 and not in 3.8? It typically appears when
the loader downloads something that isn't an mcz - like a 404 for
example. But the idea was that these issues should gradually go away now
since we have a server cache that kicks in and we have SHA checksums.

So I really would like to know more details, what packages?

regards, Göran

Re: 3.8 squeakmap?

Francisco A. Lizarralde-2

Have you tried "SMSqueakMap bootStrap" ? This solved certain problems I
had with SqueakMap.

Cheers,

Francisco

El mié, 08-02-2006 a las 21:36 +0100, stéphane ducasse escribió:

> hi
>
> I asked some students to load some package in 3.8 and they told me
> that they
> have problems with
> "can't find EOCD position"
>
> I told them to remove the sm folder and restart but this is not
> solving the problem.
>
> How can we solve that? Because this is working on 3.9 and (not with
> 3.8).
>
> Stef

Re: 3.8 squeakmap?

stéphane ducasse-2
Hi goran

I tried with 3.9 6719 and tried to load shout. I got no problem.
When I tried with 3.8 I got the EOC ... error.
I can try to reproduce it.

Stef