3.9a unprintable characters in some methods?

3.9a unprintable characters in some methods?

Ron Teitelbaum

Hello all,

Sorry about the screen clipping but I thought I’d better show you what I’m seeing.

I was wondering why some methods now in 3.9a have an unprintable character down the left column.

This doesn’t appear in all methods just some.  Do they have some significance that I’m missing?  Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Ron Teitelbaum

RE: 3.9a unprintable characters in some methods?

Ron Teitelbaum

I looked at the character and it appears to be a line feed.  Ascii 10.

I’m guessing this is a bug?

Ron

Re: 3.9a unprintable characters in some methods?

David T. Lewis
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 09:57:13AM -0400, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> I was wondering why some methods now in 3.9a have an unprintable character
> down the left column.
>
> This doesn't appear in all methods just some.  Do they have some
> significance that I'm missing?  Is this a bug?

It's a minor bug, and it's only visible to you now because someone
recently added an enhancement to make the unprintable characters
visible, which is a good thing.

All you are seeing is some <cr><lf> sequences that crept into the
source via some methods that no doubt were filed in from a change
set file with <cr><lf> terminators (maybe it came from a Windows
machine or got the way due to some zip program trying to be helpful).

The source should be cleaned up, and it's probably worth entering
the issue on Mantis to keep track of it.

Dave

RE: 3.9a unprintable characters in some methods?

Ron Teitelbaum
For those keeping track,

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3754

Ron

wilkesj
This happens when displaying any linefeed.  Is this the behavior we
want for linefeeds, or should we display \n, \r, and \r\n the same
way?