3D painting

1 message Options

3D painting

David Faught
I noticed in one of your videos that it appears you are trying to do
some direct 3D painting.  I hope your developer(s) are having fun,
because it's not a trivial thing to do well.  Here are some
interesting related references.  The first two deal with improved ways
to map a dynamically painted texture to an object's texture
coordinates, since the trivial way used by third reference isn't
really very good.

John C. Hart paper
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~jch/papers/paintingdetail.pdf

Takeo Igarachi paper
http://www-ui.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takeo/papers/i3dg2001.pdf

C source code for 3D painting
http://www.gdmag.com/code.htm

There are some other interesting research papers on using texture
"decals" on 3D objects, which I can't seem to find right now.